Bolt on pedal crank

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Wheres my dog, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Hello All,

Still throwing around the recumbent idea, and I have been searching online with no luck so far...

Looking for a bolt on pedal crank (single sprocket is fine) that would bolt on the the metal frame, instead of cannibalizing one from a bicycle!

Any ideas where one of these might be found?

2. reb1

reb1 Member

There are kidback cranks used on tandems that bolt to a tube. There are BB on a boom that recumbent manufactures use. What kind of mounting are you trying to accomplish.

3. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

The frame would most likely be aluminum C channel.... so preferably a crank with a flat base or mounting point for easy attachment to the C channel.

Thank you kindly for any leads...

4. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

5. reb1

reb1 Member

6. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

7. reb1

reb1 Member

Go to a search engine and type in lugless bottom brackets. There are SS steel, Chrome Molly steel, just steel, aluminum, titanium. There is the standard width of 68-70mm and there are wider versions. There are other than English threaded which you probably do not want so be observant. I can bring up the posted link and see the picture. The link i posted was to show you an example of what one looked like since I do not know what you need. I hope this helps.

8. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Much appreciated sir...

Never would of thought of the term "bottom bracket shell"