boost bottle vs extended intake

gamer121ps

Local time
10:22 AM
i have a stock grubee 48cc engine with a dellorto carb. i got the carb jetted where the spark plug is the perfect color. it damn thing would always 4 stroke at high rpm. i finally bought a boost bottle and honestly there was no power increase but it stopped ALL the 4 stroking. my question is, would an extended intake by its self be better then a boost bottle? im afraid if i remove the boost bottle and go with an extended intake, the 4 stroking at high rpm will come back. on a side note, with a boost bottle, as you ride the little tube going from the boost bottle to the intake fills up with gas and when you let off the throttle, all that gas in the tube gets sucked up and the engine runs extremely rich for a few seconds.

the boost bottle kits sold for these bikes are not done like the original patent or the Yamaha boost bottles. Done right the tube is very large. Done wrong the tube is small in diameter.
Extended intake is best but I can't guarantee that it will compensate for your bad jetting

The concept of boost bottles has been worked to death in many, many threads on many different types of motorized recreation forums.

The reality of the situation is that boost bottles are a complete waste of time and a complete waste of money.

works for me!!

The concept of boost bottles has been worked to death in many, many threads on many different types of motorized recreation forums.

The reality of the situation is that boost bottles are a complete waste of time and a complete waste of money.
The boost bottle helped my low-end power on takeoff with a 36 tooth sprocket. I do have the short billet intake installed with rt carb jetted with a 68 main jet right now...I do have a little bit bigger tube id as well as bigger barbed fittings that came with the bottle installed like Jag suggested I thought the same thing for flow into the bottle...this was after reading and getting educated on the concept of the boost bottle and it is the sum of the subtle things that can make running the bike a better experience and drivability... DSCN1944.jpg

Back