Boston Ma. - MB, Scooter and Moped Rally

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by shawnshank, Jul 16, 2009.

1. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

I am on a moped army email list and heard of this scooter rally in Boston this weekend and thought some MBer's might like to represent.
    Sounds like a weekend long party with bands, drinking, riding and prizes for various motorized vehicles including a moped (otherwise referred to as a motorized bike) class bikes as well.
    I am going to make every effort to attend but I may have to work. If anyone is interested respond to this post and we'll try to plan a place to meet and consume some beverages together.

RIPPIN'EST TOWN 5:
    Bank Holiday Style Scooter Rally
    BOSTON, MASS.
    JULY 17-19, 2009

www.myspace.com/massachusetts

OFFICIAL RALLY HOTEL: HOWARD JOHNSHON FENWAY (617) 267-8300
    features a swimming pool, tiki bar, chinese restaurant & parking that is
    visible from most rooms

ASK FOR "SCOOTER RALLY" RATE:
    $150.00 per room, per night (up to 4 people per room)

-----------------------

FRIDAY, JULY 17

MEET 'N' GREET
    8:00 P.M. until 2:00 A.M.
    @ THE BASEBALL TAVERN
    1270 BOYLSTON STREET
    FENWAY - BOSTON
    Directly across the street from Howard Johnson?s Hotel

featuring
    THE ALLSTONIANS
    THE SWINEDELLS
    SPECIAL GUEST RIKI ROCKSTEADY!

Plus
    ROOTS & RAZORS D.J.s
    KREZNER & KELLY from DALLAS

Once again, we take over the ol? Baseball Tavern. NO HOME RED SOX GAME THIS
    YEAR
    Come early to watch the game & shoot pool, stay late to enjoy the rhythms &
    the rides. Bands & dee-jays will provide your favourite soul, ska, mod,
    rock-a-billy & more! In the shadow of Fenway Park, the Baseball Tavern now
    features three floors & a ROOF DECK that overlooks Fenway & the Boston
    skyline!
    Kitchen open until 1:00 a.m.!

----------------------------

SATURDAY, JULY 18

DAY:

FREE BAGEL BREAK-FAST & EMERALD NECKLACE LOOP
    meet @ 11:00 A.M.
    @ HOWARD JOHNSON?S HOTEL
    1271 BOYLSTON STREET
    FENWAY - BOSTON
    Directly across the street from The Baseball Tavern

Feast on FREE bagels, cream-cheese, coffee and orange-juice while preparing
    for Boston?s biggest antique motorcade!
    Tour Frederick Law Olmstead?s landscape-architecture masterpiece; the
    combination of winding roads & natural scenery is an urban rider?s dream!

Group-ride leaves HoJo parking lot at 12:00 NOON,
    stops atop the hill at Larz Anderson Park for a breath-taking view of the
    Boston skyline
    & terminates at Castle Island & Pleasure Bay in "Southie" for swimming at
    the beach, $1.80 burgers, $1.50 hot dogs & fried seafood!

NIGHT:

AWARD CEREMONY & MONSTER BARBEQUE
    7:00 P.M. until 2:00 A.M.
    @ GREAT SCOTT!
    1222 COMMONWEALTH AVENUE
    ALLSTON - BOSTON

featuring
    BLOOD STAINED BRINDLE
    THE ALRIGHTERS
    THE SPRAINED ANKLES
    SPECIAL GUESTS
    Plus
    GET SMART! D.J.s
    PRINCE DUBPLATE, DEANO SOUNDS
    & FORDY BUXWORTH

Witness the rivalry as mods and rockers alike dance and display their rides
    for judging.Bands will play, deejays will spin, FREE barbeque will be
    served, raffle will be held &
    trophies will be awarded to the best:

VESPA

LAMBRETTA

EUROPEAN MOTORCYCLE

AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE

ASIAN MOTORCYCLE

& MOPED-CLASS CYCLE

2. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

If the weather is good around 9:30 am tomorrow I'm going to leave from the Old North Bridge and drive my Workman EZMotorbike in. I'm going for the free begals and take the motorcade tour.

3. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

Do you live near there?

4. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

I live 6mi. from the bridge, it will be about 20miles in, 20miles around town and 20miles back. Thanks for the info on it. Are you going to be able to make some of the event?

5. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

I left for the event at 9 am with a slight drizzle. First stop Old North Bridge by the time I got back it was 4pm and hot. About 80 miles on EZ Motorbike not a hiccup. I think I represented well. Fuel TV was filming the whole Rally including the ride. Hope for a ride with more bicycles and motors before the summer cools off.

Attached Files:

6. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

Nice Ray, That was you I saw on Gallivan blvd. I was taking my daughter to the beace and she says to me "Dada, BIKES! Kiara ride bikes" as i look over i see you ride past. Thanks for the group info i will try to attend one of the events.

7. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

Cool I hope I waved back. After the ride started it kind of broke into two groups. How many bikes did you see?

8. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

i saw about 2 groups of like 20 riders. it was quick.

9. DRO1113

DRO1113 New Member

Rallying in salem

march 11th unless it's snowing or rain where riding!we will meet at willows and ride through beverly ham/wenham topsfield ..i have 2 others riding we just wanted to see if anyone else wanted to roll...were drinking but you dont have toowe'll have stop points setup and i got gps to map gas stations.were starting at 11am cooking on grill pound a few bac then were out.i dont care about your age i'm 29 I WILL NOT BUY BEER FOR MINORS!!!please the more the merry.

10. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Where to begin: what an incredibly bad idea and I'm not sure which is worse, the plan to drink and drive or the posting about it here. Do you think you'll be exempt from the DUI statutes on a motored bike? Great way to set an example and serve as a representative of the sport for the rest of us.

11. DRO1113

DRO1113 New Member

What!!!

although you may be right about drinking and driving....I DIDNT ASK FOR OPINION!i dont need people like you ****ing me off.i invited people to come and enjoy a fun time,food and a ride.if you dont like it dont come,.the only person affected by my drinking is me (and maybe a broken windshield from my head).didnt mommy ever tell you,MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.or IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY IT AT ALL....well if not come i teach ya... mind your business. who are you to tell me whats right and wrong..not everyone is a lightwieght,dont think anyone ever died from being hit by a motoredbicycle and you shouldnt be flying around busy places to hit a person.other than that if i ride and get hurt,DOES IT AFFECT YOU!!!NO YOU JUST WANTED TO BUTT IN......i love this forum and all the info it has and i would hate to get banned for saying this but come there SO I CAN TEACH YOU SOME MANNERS.try to make a fun time and you cant keep your mouth shut.come,please

12. bmoney

bmoney New Member

Id like to attend this. I have yet to ride with any fellow mb'ers so it should be interesting. I'm only an hour outside Boston but I don't mind throwing my bike in the wagon to get down there. Looks like I have T-minus 2 weeks to get my new bike up and running!!

13. DRO1113

DRO1113 New Member

still on

would be great if you came,although we wont be drinking (if you even do) do to PEOPLE ON HERE,that are most likley going to report us for me trying to enjoy myself.i didnt think i would have to worry about fellow MB's reporting me for trying to bring some of us together and enjoy drinks ,smokes and a fun ride......RICHARD H. you are the a** in the town hall meetings banning this stuff...i bet your bike is all legal,(a look-a-like pee-wee bike,all the bells,and the orange retard flag..)lic. and all.you are the only person that had to open his mouth,if you dont like it,go ride by yourself pee-wee. BMONEY,please do come and ignore my immaturity,just this guy ****ed me off.bring some friends,i have a second bike for sale if you know anyone that want one and wants to come...if its not running tell me what you need i'll bring it and you throw me a few bucs,would love to help another MBer out.
    :helmet:

14. james65

james65 Member

March 11th sounds good. Will try to make it.

15. bmoney

bmoney New Member

Can you post, or pm me the exact address you guys will be meeting at? And do you plan to get there at 11 or is that when your leaving for the ride?
    Thanks.

16. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

I might be able to attend. I'm going the Carribean the next day so it would be a good way to start off my vacation but I need details before I commit. What time and where are you meeting?
    Bmoney where are you coming from?

17. bmoney

bmoney New Member

I agree. Id be willing to come but id like to know all the details also... Meeting time and gps address, ride departure time and distance, also is there any where safe to park vehicles during the ride? Ill be coming from worcester county so I don't know you guys area very well... Ill be taking my protege5 wagon with my bike in the back seat haha..

This is going to be my first meet and I'm really looking forward to going. That'd be sweet if there's a good turnout. I look forward to meeting you all and checking out some sweet bikes!!!

Also, my current build is almost complete and ready to ride.. I will hopefully get to finish it up tomorrow so I can break in the engine a little more before this weekend. Gonna go down to pirate cycles this week too to grab some more parts before the meet!
    Sorry I'm getting into rambling again. .
    I'm Brad btw way.. Ill be on the Mc Donalds fixie! Haha :ack2:

18. bmoney

bmoney New Member

Its looking like it'll be in the 50s Sunday. Is this still on or what? Ill be riding either way!!

19. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

Not sure. Did DRO1113 get the boot?
    I might be able to meet up for a ride but I'm not sure yet. I'm in Waltham so it would be closer than going to Salem if DRO1113 doesn't write back.
    I should know for sure whether or not I can by Friday.