Boston North, Feb 15, 3 State Tour

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by Axlerod, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Axlerod

Axlerod Member

Come gather for Presidents Day, Mon, Feb 15. Weather should be above freezing. Place Salisbury State Park, Rt 1A, Salisbury MA. Time 11:00.
    Route: Head North on Rt 1A along NH coast, turn around Kittery Maine. Eat lunch in Portsmouth.
    I'll be riding my Robin Subaru 35 4 stroke w/ custom shift kit.
    Who can make it?

2. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

I will dress appropiately for that day

3. james65

james65 Member

Riding in the cold

Count me in weather permitting(I don't have tire chains) How many miles is that route? What will the average expected speed the bikes will be doing?

Jim English

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  4. Axlerod

Axlerod Member

Speed Varies

Yo Jim: Speed varies. When I hook up w/ other riders we allways travel as a group. Of course there will allways be plenty of opportunity for speed play, & the group can get spread out but it's easy to keep things together on this route, we can just regroup every 5 Mi if we have too. I think I'm like most MB'rs , it's more fun riding in a pack! When it's a bit cold drafting behind another bike can really help against wind chill.
    My 35cc RS top speed on the flat Is ~ 28 mph. Along the coast there is normally some wind to deal w/. Distance ~ 50 mi. Being it's still Winter we will most likely be heading out into the wind as we head North. If it's really bad we can go inland a bit. Gtr

5. augidog

augidog Banned

i spent a coupla action-packed years in portsmouth/kittery early 80's, some time in atlantic heights with midnite parties on the 95 bridge, some time in kittery with the iron horsemen as neighbors, in the boarding houses behind gator's place by the wharf...whoo!

and talkin' about all-niters & munchies, anyone recall the "dirty bird" or "gillie's chili" ?

in other words, i know your route well...and can easily imagine almost every detail except for all the new things i'd never noticed before because i was going too fast...

anyone who shows up for your MBcruise is gonna have an absolute blast!!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  6. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

My bike is in storage for the winter but I will be looking forward to some spring riding. If you plan another one around then let me know.

7. james65

james65 Member

I'm still in, worse that could happen is brain freeze after that I won't feel the pain.
    Is there a meeting place in Salisbury park or is it so small you will be noticed.

8. james65

james65 Member

Tri state ride

I will be bringing my utility trailer up to s-park. If anyone wants to meet up in quincy or somewhere you can load your bike on and share a ride.

9. jg767

jg767 Member

Go to the last parking lot. There's a playground in front. Take a left and go towards the jetty at the mouth of the river. It will be above freezing, so we should be fine. Just remember to dress in layers. Windbreaker and windpants would really help as it can get pretty breezy down there.

10. dmfelicia

dmfelicia New Member

I wish I could come.

I wish I could come to this. I am still finishing my bike and I don't know if it will be ready in time. I will work hard to get it done but as you probably know things hardly ever go as planned in the building process! Either way I am sure there will be more rides in the not so distant future.

11. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

I'll be there I just stuffed the feathers back in my coat, ready to ride. I will bring a extra bike if some one wants to come along. 50cc friction BMP kit on a schwinn hybrid, peddling is optional. A pic of a ride yesterday where I dropped the bike in sand and ripped my down coat. A few of these characters will be there.

Attached Files:

12. james65

james65 Member

Tri-state

Have been messing with my ride over the winter. Gased it up antook it for a shakedown ride. Doesn't look I did any damage tinkerig around. I will be taking my slower bike but am sure it can keep up. I know what time we are leaving 11:00 am just wondering what the anticipated eta back at the park is?

13. Axlerod

Axlerod Member

Safety Tip

Todays Safety Tip: Watch out for those sand patches! Sand is good when it's on ice, but not so nice piled up in a cul de sac. Why don't they bank the turns in Cul De Sacs anyway? Well they should, then you wouldn't have to slow down when you come flying into them @ full throttle!

Looks like we may have 8 + riders. The more the merrier. We plan to get back before ~ 4 PM, we don't want to get stuck in the dark.

Corey: any other Boston riders coming?

When you come into Salisbury State Park go all the way to the end, we will be in the last parking lot on the left.

14. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

My two friends that some of us have met will be there, well i think one will be there. I will deifnately be there, i just hope the bike rack is strong enough for three motorized bikes

15. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

A Balmy 35-38 deg. Nice day for a ride. See you all there. One inside and one outside.

Attached Files:

16. james65

james65 Member

a few pic's

Taken by Jim E

Attached Files:

17. james65

james65 Member

More by Jim E

Attached Files:

18. jg767

jg767 Member

here's some more pictures

Here's some more pictures.

Attached Files:

19. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

I had a great time today guys.I haven't figured out a way to load a 3 gig movie onto photobucket light yet. but if anyone is familiar with it I follow directions very well.

Attached Files:

20. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

I wish i could have made it, unfortunately the MB gods didnt want me to go. I was hit by a car on the MB on saturday , bike is gone, engine is still running great. I tried to rebuild in 2 days but i could get the kinks worked out of it intime. Definately next time