Bottom Bracket Width

AussieJester

Local time
11:45 PM
Perth Western Australia...in a Garage on a Hill
Gooday all...i'm starting a new build today which i intend running 4 in wide tires on the back of, as such im trying to find the width of the OCC Chopper Bicyles or West Coast Chopper bicyles BOTTOM BRACKET...If anyone has one would they be so kind as to pop a rule on it for me so i can make one to size...thanks in advance fellas...

KiM

EDIT:- Cheers for help people i have now the info i am after...Moderators feel free to close this thread if you so desire...

Last edited:
Hey AJ..Eno (NSW)..Got two OCCs..What bottom bracket are we talking about..the width between the back forks or the width of the frame to hold the motor mount?..get back to me and Ill send some dimensions with my trusty rule ASAP..Eno

Cheers Eno all sorted now buddy...bottom bracket i speak of is the
item your crank shaft fits into ie: your cranks/pedals fit to
the shaft...follow me? I got onto my mate Matt he had/has
bitz still left from his OCC chopper and was able to fill me in
that the BB is 120mm wide since you bring up the rear fork
width, i have been told this is 180mm from drop-out to drop-out?

Eno...are you using both of your OCC bikes by chance? if not
would you be interesting in parting it out (would offer to buy the
whole bike if you were local)
would be VERY
interested in the rear rim and hub save me ripping my beloved
trike to bits for the rims, which WILL be happening if i cant
find another 20x4.25 I need the traction as my new ride is destined
for the 1/8th and 1/4 mile runz at the drags anyhoot.. if your interested a i'm prepared
to pay upto 120 bucks for rear wheel/hub/tire plus freight
....I had to pay close to 400 bucks to get my trike running 20x 4.25s from
USA and thats WHEN they are available ChoppersUS only get stock
when the get a damaged bike in with 4.25s on them :-S...
Thanks for the quick response anyayz mate much appreciated,
let me know about the chopper anywayz...IF you do wish to
sell, i wont be able to grab them for appox 1 month all funds
ahave been allocated for buying remainder electronics, reduction drive etc till then...

Cheers

KiM

p.s i am just awaiting the outcome of a competition for a reduction drive unit i have entered on Endless Sphere, if my entry is not successful (highly likely i need more votes) i shall up the worklog of my latest build here on Moteredbikes, reason being, as part of my entry i stipulated i would keep the build exclusive to Endless Sphere although i am not sure this was necessary requirement will clarify this with Matt (recumpence) who is offering the drive as a prize, if he gives the nod i shall up here regardless of comp outcome...in meantime my worklog can be viewed here

Last edited:
Hey AJ...My son bought an OCC Chopper and then my mate sold him another one, then the other day my daughters boyfriend came round and spotted the souped up black beast of a thing and said "Hey, I got one of those in my garage that I dont want..Want it?"..YEP............Got a spare back wheel (with the right sprocket fitted) off the original OCC that I bought from Gasman Bikes in Sydney and so the original is a spare (might keep it)..but..happy to get the one to you from the freebie that I want to pick up next weekend and negotiate the price DOWN with ya...as its aluminium then it should be good.. Ill PM you when I pick it up..(Remember you could always get a brand new one..just phone Gasmanbikes and check out their price posted..quick delivery too for around $100 wheel / rim / and fitted sprocket..plus P&P...let me know and gone to check your album..See ya Eno (Newcastle NSW)

Last edited:
Hey Eno...i checked gasmanbikes (and bookmarked) i couldnt see any rims there however?!?@#! either way, i would prefer to give money to a fellow member than a shop, shall wait for your PM buddy, i live in Perth W.A PostCode 6076 ... hopefully postage wont be too extreme :-S if and when your ready, if you give me weight and/or dimensions of consignment ill check the freight charges if your too busy? Thanks again mate i very very much appreciate this you have SAVED the look of my e-trike! skinnies on zee back just dont cut it i thinkz hahaha...

KiM

Hey Mate..Lookin at your Vids I noticed youve got a crazy "Balinese Harley Davidson Mohawk Helmet"..I bought the "Sargent Shultz" model and the black "Hells Angels" skull cap. Ripped off at $15AU each..free goggles..but only have son with one head (have worn them for photo shoots on my ugly scone)..Let you know when I pick up that OCC..See ya..Enjoyed your website / vids show...Eno

Last edited:
Hey Mate..Lookin at your Vids I noticed youve got a crazy "Balinese Harley Davidson Mohawk Helmet"..I bought the "Sargent Shultz" model and the black "Hells Angels" skull cap. Ripped off at $15AU each..free goggles..but only have son with one head (have worn them for photo shoots on my ugly scone)..Let you know when I pick up that OCC..See ya..Enjoyed your website / vids show...Eno

haha yes the spiked helmet is a ripper my mate picked it up in Bali (actually bought two of them) he couldnt fit it in his luggage for flight home so him and his girlfriend had to wear them on the plane all the way home hahaha... heres a better pic of it for you-->

me_spiked_hat.JPG

I only wear it when filming something for YouTube its not overly "safe" as a helmet ...the googles i bought for ~12 bucks off ebay...

Word is out already you have a spare OCC to expect another PM unfortunately the interested member is not OZ based so freight will be an issue as will the fact the frame will need to be CUT UP to fill the "order" are you willing hehehee... i guess if the price is right ...right LoL

thanks again bud shall await your PM :)

KiM

hey fellas, not tryin to cut ya out on a sale Eno but Aussiejester have you checked out
http://www.choppersus.com/store/
im also chasing a fat rear wheel hub for my next build on one of these frames.
http://www.ausebike.com/products/street/chopper.html
for the 4.25" fattys they got standard hub wheels, 3 speed sturmey archer hubs, and hubs with a disc mount (not prebuilt)also they got 24" fattys as well..sweeet!
check out the reflective snake skin patterned tyres!!
im not sure what motor im gonna mount with all the bull#$% about the laws soon changing here in nsw

hey fellas, not tryin to cut ya out on a sale Eno but Aussiejester have you checked out
http://www.choppersus.com/store/

Perhaps re-read my second post :)

Thanks for the link new companies seem to be popping up all over the place ... happy to wait for Eno though as i have also said prefer to give money to members rather than a company..

Cheers

KiM

Guys, help me out here. I've read in this forum that the rear wheels on the OCC Choppers are pretty weak and the hub/freewheel will most likely not last long at all. What do you have to say ? I'm curious because I have one and am pursuing 2 more. Complete bikes that is. If this wheel issue is the case, does anyone know of a good replcement that will work with no mods, or minor mods ? Eno seems to be the man when it comes to the OCC Choppers. Thanks !

..... PC .....

Back