bottom gasket???

the very bottom one..... Heres what happened. Iwas riding when the head bolts came undone from the bottom. I have now figured out how to get to it but my cylinder has "lip" on one tiny part of it probably from banging the heck out of itself when the base became loose. Now it wont start. Does that cylinder"lip" seem to be my problem?

I've rebuilt quite a few two stroke engines and except for the headgasket you are better off using this product instead of a paper gasket:

http://www.permatex.com/products/au...uto_Permatex_the_Right_Stuff_Gasket_Maker.htm

I currently have it in 2 of my vehicles as an oil pan gasket on a 1991 Mazda RX7 and valve cover gasket on a Nissan. When I rebuilt my 30 year old 2 stroke (250cc) Yamaha Golf Cart engine I used this stuff (rightstuff) on every mated part that previously had a gasket. NO LEAKS TO DATE.

Forgot to mention Permatex Rightstuff needs no curing. Unlike other products you don't need to wait 24 hours before applying max torque to your bolts.

I just disassembled another thatsdax engine and used rightstuff in lieu of a gasket. Works fine.

Thanks R/C, I'd like to check that out, I have quite an extensive collection of various "tubes of goo". Heck,

I just used good old fashioned "Seal-All" to make my intake gasket more hardy! I also used it on the threads of my fuel petcock since I had to leave it out a half turn to clear the frame. So far, so good.

Back