Bounced off my rack

Local time
8:16 AM
Boo hiss. I just got back from my local bike shop after picking up a $30 Krytonite lock. Put it on my rack with a bungee, and it bounced off somewhere on the 5 mile ride back. Re-traced my path, but somebody must have picked up a lucky find. GRRRRR! :-(

Bummer dude, I've had the same thing happen. Sometimes it's like someones in the bushes just waiting for you to drop something.

no fun and it gets old --- loosing things

cell phone fell from MB the other day
cool guy found and returned it

we need to think -- A LITTLE MORE
attach those things to MB --- BETTER

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

OK, this is getting ridiculous. On my way home from work this morning, dark and early, my gas cap bounced off my bike and rolled into the storm drain. I keep a rag with my tool bag, so I stuffed it in the hole and drove on. Lucky I didn't have a full tank. A rag is more effective than those crappy caps anyway. Well, as long as I don't bounce off my bike, I guess it's ok.:rolleyes: Anybody know of a locally available substitute gas cap, like at Auto Zone or Tractor Supply, or are these pretty much a proprietary design?

hey Donald

yes - thinking that you should be able to locate gas cap at either
auto parts store or small engine repair shop
they carry many -- take MB with you so as to size

don't need to tell you
any pooolice officer noticing rag in gas tank -- brings a fast ticket (safety issue)

I relate man -- when I am not droping things off of my MB
I am leaving things behind -- back pack and others

makes it harder when I wish to

Loaded bike in SUV, took 300 mile trip, wanted to ride, helmet still at home.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Loaded bike in SUV, took 300 mile trip, wanted to ride, helmet still at home.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

yes - kerf

when I also do things -- just such as that
my wife just kind of gives me that special little look

probably praying for my memory !!!

get all of our things together here -- before we take off and

Boo hiss. I just got back from my local bike shop after picking up a $30 Krytonite lock. Put it on my rack with a bungee, and it bounced off somewhere on the 5 mile ride back. Re-traced my path, but somebody must have picked up a lucky find. GRRRRR! :-(
Same thing happened to me the first day I got my first expensive lock, too! Put it on my rack, on this rear handle that came with the bike. I thought, "there's no way this will pop off". Now I've got a $4 lock from WalMart that I definitely lock to the frame now... or since it's so small & coils, I just open it up a bit and squeeze it past the brake levers, so it'll just rest on the handlebars.

As for the rag in the gas tank... Don't end up like those guys in Australia that were jousting or somethin' else equally st00pit. They got burnt bad 'cause their gas tanks were leaking or something.

Back