braking system

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by jdmess, Aug 27, 2014.

1. jdmess

jdmess New Member

hey all, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where to buy a good "dual" braking system. and if there are special brake pads that are more heavy duty. my regular bike brakes are wearing fast! maybe a good website where i can order? thnks, joe

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

please clarify what you mean by a dual braking system?

3. jdmess

jdmess New Member

i mean i brake lever that activates both front and rear brake pads

I mean one brake lever that when pulled activates both front and rear brakes. And I need good pads too??

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

If you can make the switch to a bike with front and rear disk brakes, you'll be significantly upgrading the safety aspect of your bike. Rim brakes on a motorized bicycle are a deadly setup, for more than one reason.

That aside, even if you go against good advise and persist using a bike with rim brakes, you will need a dual pull brake lever system to achieve your goal: http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=41

5. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

i found my dual lever attached to a small, 50cc quad bike that happened to have twin discs up front...

they really are the ducks guts for mandatory accessories :) hint. slam em on hard on gravel. both wheels should lock up at the same time, then you know you got the front/back proportioning correct :)

as for shoes... meh. what do you mean by wearing fast? if they last a week, yeah. thats ridiculous. from experience but, new soft ones tend to wear a lot faster than the older hard 2nd hand ones scavenged from a donor bike... same goes with tyres. still seem to stop just as well, though tend to make more protests in the noise department...squeak... squeak. skweek...

actual brand names? iunno...