Brand New Motorized Bicycle won't start

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bizzy2134, Aug 16, 2014.

1. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

Hey guys my name is Bilal and I require a bit of help with my brand new 66cc Motorized Bicycle. So I know why it won't start but don't know why that is happening. So their is no gas going to my piston. The fuel lines are clear and I can see fuel and oil mix (16:1) the carburetor has gasoline and I pressed the primer many times put the choke in both positions. I also cleaned the fuel jet I removed it and blew into it then reassembled the carburetor and still my bike won't start. I even tried adjusting the idle screw but still no luck. There is gas in the carburetor for sure. The carburetor is not on a big angle I still don't know why my piston is not getting gas. I've been peddling for so long in the proper procedure bring the clutch in when peddling and then release when I catch speed but still keep peddling to aid the engine and also throttle the engine. Can anyone please help me as soon as possible. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Bilal

General knowledge about my bike
    1. My clutch works
    2. I am using my throttle while peddling
    3. My spark plug has spark
    4. There is so much compression in the engine
    5. their is fuel in my carburetor

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

if your plug is still dry after all that, then I'd suspect that your needle isn't properly clipped & has fallen down to block the jet

I once got a kit in which the intake gasket had no hole in it (factory defect) but that is really rare.

3. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Do you have spark?

Also note that the primer button on an NT carb doesn't prime anything, it just holds the float down causing excess fuel to overflow into the cylinder and puddling in the bottom of crankcase.

4. Anhevius

Anhevius New Member

It sounds like you're not getting enough fuel.

Check the needle jet and float valve to make sure they're set properly. Also, check the screen on the fuel tank petcock, it could be clogged. Or just crap. A good way to see that you're getting good flow from the tank is to get a simple in-line fuel filter. Drain the fuel line out, install the filter, and cut the petcock on and see how long it takes the fuel to get to the filter. Cheap and easy, and also good for your engine.

5. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

Is this normal my piston is rising up and lowering but the intake in the cylinder is way to low to let in any fuel. The only way I can see me Intake is when I rise it lite 2cm up higher. 1.jpg 10617222_753115848083634_1709754109_n.jpg 10595799_753115888083630_1699945600_n.jpg

6. I know little about these 2 stroke engines. I'm a 4 stroke guy. It looks like your cylinder in not seating down into the crankcase, but is sticking up way high. the shiny base of the cylinder is machined to fit all the way down into the case. take the cylinder off and try to see why it isn't going all the way down. The intake port is not being uncovered fully when the piston is at bottom dead center. Good luck.

7. crassius

intake goes past bottom of piston as it moves up - fuel in cases goes up the 2 passages on the sides as piston goes down

8. KCvale

Your cylinder is not all the way down.

[​IMG]

Or did you just do that for the picture?

9. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

I did that on purpose the only way I can see the intake is when i move the chamber upwards

10. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

I did it just for the picture

11. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

I moved the chamber up purposely that is he only way I can see the intake port without moving the chamber up the intake is covered when the piston is at it's lowest position

12. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

I just wanted to say when I remove the spark plug and pour a little bit of gas in the piston it will just escape through the exhaust pipe. My belief is that who ever built this engine has machined the intake port too low.

13. crassius

you are free to believe what you like, but did you somehow miss my prev post??

14. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

I have cleaned my jet and is it normal for the intake manifold to be below the piston and what are the other two holes on the sides for?
    the other two holes on the sides for?

15. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

If my needle is moving up and down when I am using the throttle does that mean is is properly cliped?

16. crassius

lets try again

the air (and fuel) goes in the carb, thru the intake & port, UNDER the piston & into the crankcase - then, it goes up the 2 passages on the SIDES of the cylinder to get to the top of the piston to be fired by the plug

so there seems nothing wrong with your motor as far as port location goes

now, if your spark plug is not getting wet with fuel, something is keeping the fuel from getting there - usually, that means something is wrong in the carb

17. bizzy2134

bizzy2134 New Member

Oh I am truly sorry I din't understand you but now I know what your trying to say so what do you suppose could be wrong with my carb and yes your right my spark plug is not getting wet

18. CVIN13

CVIN13 New Member

It is far more likely that there is something wrong with your carb. Mine had a piece of s*** fuel intake valve that I ended up removing. Look at the "My CBR 600 Motorized Bike Build" on the general discussion page for more info on the issues I ran into. I hope this helps!

19. christw

christw New Member

The petcock on my 80cc China motor came mislabeled. In the 90 degree position (relative to fuel lines) it's truly OFF but is labeled "ON." The opposite is true of my moped too-when the petcock is parallel to the fuel lines it's labeled OFF but is actually "ON." It took several hours for me to sort out during the initial build.

Pull the fuel line off your carb, then turn your petcock to both ON & OFF and make sure fuel is flowing in the position you think it should be. That should further isolate the problem.

20. KCvale

That is a 66cc Skyhawk engine, it is not designed wrong ;-}

Take your air filter off and verify the choke is staying open and when you move the throttle the barrel comes up and you see the needle.