Brand new to the group

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by T Rock, May 1, 2010.

1. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Hello my name is Tom, my friends call me T Rock and im new to this group. Im going to build my first engine powered bike next week and really looking forward to it. Picked up a bike from Wal-mart, its a Huffy beach cruiser type and will post pictures of before and after. Im getting the 66/80cc slant plug head engine, 2 stroke version. Hope all goes well with the install, looks pretty basic with this type of framed bike.

2. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Welcome to MBc, T Rock from Naples, Fl. I'm sure you will fit right in, and get all of the help you need on your first build. Btw, what part of FL are you in?

3. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Well Patrick, im from Kissimmee, its in Osceola County about 10 miles from Disney. Im looking for a few specialty items for my bike, like a pipe with an expansion chamber, and a front suspension set up but not the springer type, looking for a telescopic set-up. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks...Tom

4. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

I am quite familliar with the area. Those articles can be found using Google quite easily, or the sponsors of this Forum. We have some great sponsors.

5. ncaos

ncaos Member

I look yearning photos ...

6. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Photos...

I take it that you would like to see some photos of my trike build? If so, here goes: they are attached, and there is a full explanation of the build under 'Meteor and Gas Power' or some such in the trike section

Attached Files:

7. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Btw, you might want to dump that dog avatar, it may be considered ofensive by some...maybe not.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  8. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Nice build-up with your trike! Is that a weed wacker engine? The whole set-up looks really cool. It also look like you could use a MIG welder to weld those brackets onto the back axel instead of those hose clamps. Infact that is my next tool to buy, a 110 volt MIG welder, something that will weld mild steel up ti 1/4 inch thick also alloys. But the trick looks sick in a good way. What size engine is that and will it be enough to power the trike?

9. T Rock

T Rock New Member

oh and the avatar is just a quick small pic I found on my computer, i will change it when I get a chance, just wanted to put a pic in my profile, better than nothing I guess.

10. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

T-Rock...by no means is that a 'weed whacker' engine.<giggle> It is a finely tuned Robin-Subaru EH035 with custom Staton Gear box. I welded nothing to the frame...all clamps. The fat plumbers insulation wrap and the mylar tape reduce vibration and also make for easy removal if I wish. Plus, Trailmate gives me a life-time guarentee on the frame, so I don't want to muck it up by welding 'odds and ends' brackets to it. That would surely void the guarentee.

11. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Oh well, in that case of a life time guarantee I would of done the same! Good job! I am new to this group and I was not familiar with the Robin-Subaru engine. I was reading a few posts and heard people mention the Subaru engine, but I never seen one before, thanks for schooling me...Tom

12. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Questions...

No problem, T Rock. That little Robin-Subaru may look small (it's 35cc, about 1.6hp), but it breezed thru a 1/4mile at 42mph+, as clocked by police radar.

Don't be shy about asking questions...everyone here was new at this, once. As they say, "First you learn from us, then we learn from you. (Silver Bear)"

I'm still at it, and try to learn something new every day.

Last edited: May 5, 2010