Brand new to the group

T Rock

Local time
8:05 PM
Hello my name is Tom, my friends call me T Rock and im new to this group. Im going to build my first engine powered bike next week and really looking forward to it. Picked up a bike from Wal-mart, its a Huffy beach cruiser type and will post pictures of before and after. Im getting the 66/80cc slant plug head engine, 2 stroke version. Hope all goes well with the install, looks pretty basic with this type of framed bike.

Welcome to MBc, T Rock from Naples, Fl. I'm sure you will fit right in, and get all of the help you need on your first build. Btw, what part of FL are you in?

Well Patrick, im from Kissimmee, its in Osceola County about 10 miles from Disney. Im looking for a few specialty items for my bike, like a pipe with an expansion chamber, and a front suspension set up but not the springer type, looking for a telescopic set-up. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks...Tom

I am quite familliar with the area. Those articles can be found using Google quite easily, or the sponsors of this Forum. We have some great sponsors.

Photos...

I take it that you would like to see some photos of my trike build? If so, here goes: they are attached, and there is a full explanation of the build under 'Meteor and Gas Power' or some such in the trike section

Attachments

• Kill_Switch.jpg
    Kill_Switch.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Meteor1.jpg
    Meteor1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 173
  • Meteor2.JPG
    Meteor2.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Meteor3.JPG
    Meteor3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Meteor4.jpg
    Meteor4.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Meteor5.JPG
    Meteor5.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Meteor6.JPG
    Meteor6.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 150
Btw, you might want to dump that dog avatar, it may be considered ofensive by some...maybe not.

Last edited:
Nice build-up with your trike! Is that a weed wacker engine? The whole set-up looks really cool. It also look like you could use a MIG welder to weld those brackets onto the back axel instead of those hose clamps. Infact that is my next tool to buy, a 110 volt MIG welder, something that will weld mild steel up ti 1/4 inch thick also alloys. But the trick looks sick in a good way. What size engine is that and will it be enough to power the trike?

oh and the avatar is just a quick small pic I found on my computer, i will change it when I get a chance, just wanted to put a pic in my profile, better than nothing I guess.

T-Rock...by no means is that a 'weed whacker' engine.<giggle> It is a finely tuned Robin-Subaru EH035 with custom Staton Gear box. I welded nothing to the frame...all clamps. The fat plumbers insulation wrap and the mylar tape reduce vibration and also make for easy removal if I wish. Plus, Trailmate gives me a life-time guarentee on the frame, so I don't want to muck it up by welding 'odds and ends' brackets to it. That would surely void the guarentee.

Back