Breaking news!!

KilroyCD

Local time
4:21 PM
I've just received an e-mail that was sent out by Joe Lin, the manufacturer of Whizzer motorbikes in Taiwan. In it, he states that Whizzer Industry Co. Ltd is terminating all business with Whizzer USA. He goes on to state that he will be offering warranty service through Whizzer Industry Co Ltd in Taiwan. www.wc1manufacturer.wordpress.com.
Wow, that's a mind blower...

Last edited:
Any idea why? Did the letter mention the "BONE" of contention?

I kill myself at times LOL!

I wonder if our Federal DOT had anything to do with it? These yuppie States like NY and CA are ruining it for all of us.

Shipping costs in containers is in a real chaotic situation right now, when things are slow all the boats are anchored off China, when things are backed up, they sit waiting to off-load near Long Beach.

That transit time I've read has aggravated the already tight credit situation, 90-120-150 day terms-of-payments, having a chunk of it taken up in the shipping container, make for such a radical business change.

It really sounds like they are pulling back out of the US market, since there is already a distribution system over here.

Asian appliance manufacturers, items similarly priced, have pulled back too, due to currency fluctuations in the transit time and emerging markets closer to the plants, like India and the Middle East.

How can you compare California to New York. you must have poor reading comprehension. Under California law. motor must not produce more than 2 hp, helmet required, side & rear reflectors, Liability insurance, front & rear lighting, brake light, horn, mirror, everything a motorcycle is required to have. The New York law is a lot simpler, the only tough part is that they do not allow (homemade bikes) manufacturers have to be on the approved list. NO horsepower limitations, no horn, no mirror, no helmet, no insurance, no brake light. Maybe you just shoot from the hip, because there really is no comparing the two states, California has the most stringent emission laws in the country. So before you write this baseless dribble you should first read up on the current laws.

What's really gonna ruin it for us is the guy that buys a engine kit puts it on a ordinary bike with 14 gauge spokes and ride it as fast as it will go. The police will take notice and the speed related accidents will cause the laws to become more restrictive. In Arizona this is occurring right now.with police ticketing MB's for speeding and a host of other traffic violations.

How can you compare California to New York. you must have poor reading comprehension. Under California law. motor must not produce more than 2 hp, helmet required, side & rear reflectors, Liability insurance, front & rear lighting, brake light, horn, mirror, everything a motorcycle is required to have. The New York law is a lot simpler, the only tough part is that they do not allow (homemade bikes) manufacturers have to be on the approved list. NO horsepower limitations, no horn, no mirror, no helmet, no insurance, no brake light. Maybe you just shoot from the hip, because there really is no comparing the two states, California has the most stringent emission laws in the country. So before you write this baseless dribble you should first read up on the current laws.

Compare?, Easily! They both have huge Governments that make senseless laws in order to screw the people who work and pay taxes in them. These bigger Governments come with bigger crybabies. I could create a car from the dust of the ground or worse a motorcycle. If it falls within their criteria here in NY, I'm legal. Don't mean it's safe tho! Both States are notorious for picking the biggest idiot in the crowd and making the rest of the population conform to that idiot. It's a trend that has been sweeping the Nation and it's whittling away at our freedoms, not just how we choose to get to work. Moreover, these conformance laws are being created under the smokescreen of public safety while they rake in the cash. Both State's have their way of making HT's illegal. Basically all you have to do is look at how their law makes it illegal and follow the special interest money. I bet one American a day wakes up and stretches, only to become paralyzed. They don't ban stretching tho! If your smart enough to put a motor on a 10 speed, than you are smart enough to know the risks. It shouldn't be up to either State to say what you can or can't do unless your hazard to the public.

By the barrage of insults it sounds like you want to argue. I won't do it here, start a new thread...

Thanks for the reason behind the whole whizzer deal. Maybe somebody will pick up the business here in the States. As aforementioned by FM, NY State has an approved manufactures list that you have to be on in order to market your product. Problem is they wont tell you the criteria to meet or who you have to make the check out to!

Yea

Long Beach is now the worlds largest parking lot.
They ran out of room for the new cars and had to lease another site to store the new cars that arent selling...
Don't let anybody tell you it's only the American cars that arent selling.

Public retraction

It has been brought to my attention that I sometimes am a bit overcritical of vendors & manufacturors that supply my bad habit of building MBs.

Sooo. a correction is in order. Whizzer makes the VERY BEST CENTERSTAND available & always has. I bought & installed one on Screecher. They also make a bullet proof pedal/crank, nice cables, & most importantly, the last American flathead. Moving forward, they have a reasonably adaquate / descriptive web site for replacement parts. Far superior to most, given their long tenure. I have used their pics for descriptive purposes several times. Whizzer-USA must have to carry a huge inventory of stuff that we all will be dependant on. So I'll try to be nice. (OK I said I'd Try) Old habits. I placed an order yesterday, and am happy to be able to get the small parts that I need. Thank You.

The rest of the here today gone tomorrow vendors are somewhat of a benefit too. I mean where else do you buy $60 dollar Mitsubishi 43s except from a vendor out of bus/inventory must go sale? It's great to see your new innovative ideas. Who else would think of promoting this mad impulse. I still will be me, but I want you to still be there too. Sorry about calling you names in public. I do business with the more reliable suppliers even at a premium cost.

Back