Brian in Saint Louis...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RUSH, Mar 24, 2009.

1. RUSH

RUSH New Member

Hey all,

Just introducing myself. Brian from Saint Louis, Missouri.

I am over 40 and been riding motorcycles since the age of 7. Always have had MC's. Also, an avid bicyclist, and used to race BMX way back when.

I found this site thru a member of

I used to work recently in a custom motorcycle shop (yes, choppers). Now, I am on my own.

This site is just what I needed, since I am looking for a project that can fit in my basement and not cost me an arm and a leg, like choppers do. I'll be looking around, seeing what's up. My TIG and lathe are in need of a worthy project, since I am pretty much finished setting up my new '09 Kawasaki KLX250S for a cross-country trip.

I currently have a nice 1937 LaSalle badged Schwinn I ride, and another Schwinn World Tourist awaiting restoration/customization. I have many old Schwinn bikes/parts to pick from for the motorized bike, so that project is close at hand.

Anyhow, just thought I would say hi and I hope to find many ideas to get me going in the right direction...

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome Brian

sounds like you are going to have some fun
    motorized bicycles are a true blast

just thinking that you may wish to shop around some and buy a long lasting quality motor

good for long riding on that motor bike thing
  3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.