Broke something in the muffler

J

JosephGarcia

It looks to be half of a small flat circular plate that was in the muffler, half fell out.

the bike has half the power it used to. At 20 MPH its RPM is twice as fast as it used to. also gets hotter faster, well relative to the RPM

It's rideable, but I like keeping up with the cars, because now they have to pass me and they are angry.

Should I order a new one? Or does Jeff_Speeder have his old one still?

WHAT DO I DO? O_O

yes i have my old one youll have to weld it on. its in new condition. i know the thing that you lost idk why it going slower. it should be fast

well it takes twice as much power to get to any speed as before.

And if I have to weld anything, that's not going to work. No access to any welding thing, nor do I know anything about welding.
Thanks though.

Jeff is right, it should have a bit more power, and the RPM shouldn't change at all.
If it was running borderline lean then you will get a power loss. Once again the RPM shouldn't change, just sounds that way.

Try removing the carb slide and moving the needle clip DOWN one notch, that should improve your power.

Heck, I can't even get my muffler apart to cut/remove the baffle. :?

ya cause i first took my end peice with the screw out of my muffler and that helped and i noticed a peice of metal was falling out which i thaut was mabey a peice to keep the end peice stable in the muffler. but once that was out it worked fine and better speed. the rpms did not change thay just came faster since the peice was out. now i dont really know why your engine is reacting badly it keept me thinking for a while last night why.

do you have the end peice off your muffler to or did it just fall out?

Bikeguy Joe said:
Jeff is right, it should have a bit more power, and the RPM shouldn't change at all.
If it was running borderline lean then you will get a power loss. Once again the RPM shouldn't change, just sounds that way.

Try removing the carb slide and moving the needle clip DOWN one notch, that should improve your power.

Heck, I can't even get my muffler apart to cut/remove the baffle. :?

I was thinking of that, moving the circlip to the 3rd space from the top on the needle. If I do that and it helps with the power, Would I still eventually need a new muffler? Or would it be safe to ride it like this for the next few months.

Ok, I changed the clip to a richer mixture, started the engine, let it idle and i was giving it a bit of throttle here and there, engine seems to be running fine, its misfiring a bit for just starting on a cold morning, getting stronger by the minute. I look down and im blowing alot of blue smoke. I immediately turn engine off and go to Motoredbikes.com for more help...

What's wrong with it now?

It also smells a whole lot worse :(

I don't think anything is wrong, you just notice the smoke more cause it's coming out unrestricted.
before, a lot was trapped in muffler

keep in mind that at idle you don't get a full-power spark...speaking of, what's your gap set to? you'll need .020 max in order to get a hot enough spark to burn the richer mixture.

Back