Broke something in the muffler

Ok, so far I switched the circlip on the needle to the third position and it made alot of blue gas, then I was told to change the sparkplug gap to .020, I did, and it started faster but ultimately no change. I switched back to the second spot on the needle and it's still making alot of blue smoke.

Also the engine doesn't want to stay on, it keeps trying to die. No this is not a idle speed problem. it stays if I give it alot of gas, otherwise it dies, but doesn't sputter while dying.

Also seems to be misfiring, and everytime it does, a huge cloud of blue smoke flies out of the exhaust, otherwise its a steady stream.

it sounds like you may be dealing with an intake leak. if that's the case, 2 places could have that much effect: the carb isn't sealing on the intake, or your intake gasket is turning to mush.

I decided to try actually riding it instead of letting it idle. Performance inproved, more power, and after 5 minutes of riding the engine improved, doesn't die now, the exhaust is back to normal.

It's misfiring a little worse at low RPMs now than it did at .030

its at .024

here are pics, my exhaust looks alot different than some of your guys
904_HPIM0484_1.jpg

904_HPIM0486_1.jpg

The second pic is to show my air intake. Is it bad to have it like that? always ran fine before.

Everyone just ignore the Winnie the Pooh sign. :D

That intake looks fine.

Now that it's running better, I'm thinking you just crapped up the plug.

I ran mine with the needle clip on the third from the top and it ran good. Second from the top makes it run a bit lean, but that's with 20/1 mix.

I'll switch it back to the second from the bottom if need be when I got to 40/1.

I'm at 40:1 with the clip at the second from top, is this too lean? I just rode the bike about 4 miles and it was barely warmed up when I got back. I was thinking if i warmed it up enough before I rode, but I realized the engines running cooler.

Plus, right now I can't see any exhuast smoke, its back to the condition it was before I messed with that part in the muffler.

If it's not running hot and the throttle response is good, it's just about right.
See my signature.... :LOL:

about your sig..

I know that all too well, its why I went thru so many lighting systems, when one worked i kept messing with it...

and guitars...

and normal bicycles..

computers..

cars..

I just like to mess with s**t. :D

JosephGarcia said:
about your sig..

I know that all too well, its why I went thru so many lighting systems, when one worked i kept messing with it...

and guitars...

and normal bicycles..

computers..

cars..

I just like to mess with s***. :D

I'm NOT alone after all...

Back