broken mount made engine vibrate?

chancecube

Local time
7:28 AM
i was on a ride and my front mount broke making the motor bang on the tube. i went home and fixed the mount and went for another ride but my motor was vibrating pretty bad. my top speed went from 45 to barley 30 with a large amount of vibration. i currently have the motor apart and cant see anything wrong. would a small bend that really isnt naked to the eye cause this much vibration. if so what would you replace if you dont know whats really bent .

so your engine mount broke, and you took the whole motor apart?
hmmm...i think that you may have gone too far.
I would check for cracks on the frame tube where the mount was.

i tried everything to get it to work before removing it. it wouldnt stop vibrating the **** out of me. like bad, you felt you would loose control of you body fluids, bad. here is already a different motor on the bike. im taking this one apart cause i have never done so. only thing i noticed while taking it apart is that one of the piston rings was broken not like disintegrated but split in to two or 3 pieces. would this make the motor vibrate like that but still be runnable?

if one piston ring was broken , i don't think it would cause a vibration, but it might cause low power.

anyone ever heard of any bending of internal parts from a mount breaking? i dont really wanna take the bottom apart if i dont have to. i ordered a new piston and rings yesterday. guess i just replace those and clean the **** out of the motor and try it again.

Might be a crankshaft bearing/bushing. While the piston is off move the rod up and down. Check out the wrist pin. Broken rings won't cause a vibration. Could be a case bearing, or even a clutch bearing. I'd even as a last resort check out the crankshaft itself. Never know the screw that holds the crankshaft together could of come out or loose.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=808

Last edited:
makes me wonder if the actual crankcase is fracture somewhere?
That could cause a mis-alignment, hence major vibration.....

Plus what on the front mount actually broke?

broke a bolt up front had to use a easy out to get it out. when it broke i was a ways from home. riding it back i guess did the damage.

it had good mounts. i made a similar one like yours with a u-bolt. i guess i didnt lock it well enough and it vibrated lose but only to the point where it was hitting the bike tube. when it broke i could only go about 15 after fixing it my top speed of 45 went to 30 with crazy vibration.
i just finished taking the motor apart. only thing i noticed was a broken ring and some play in my rod where it connects to the crank and also some in the clutch plate gear. i dont know how much play is bad play though... there are 3 bearings in the motor the one on the drive shaft is a little rough to turn.

Back