bronze bushing vs needel bearing

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by dave1490, Sep 15, 2008.

1. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

hi i replaced my bronze bushing with a replacement,iv heard about the needel bearing style and am asking anyone with experance with this product to give thier option on this,it seems with the extra parts that it may be less dependable.and would need more holes for oiling in the con-rod.thanks

2. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

oh here,s a pic of what happens when one breaks into bit,s

Attached Files:

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I'm a bushing guy because I never had a HT engine wear a bushing out when using an oil that contains 20% castor. I have had a roller bearing fail and caused much$$ damage but that was my fault becuase I overrevved the engine...something I did regularly with a bushing engine.

4. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

thanks for your option,i also believe it has to do with oil.was using amsoil then wanted to get rid of some cheaper stuff,thats when it started knocking even when i uped the ratio.

5. Simonator

Simonator Guest

My needle bearing wore out at 3,000 miles I am thinking about rebuilding one of my engines with a bushing instead of bearing

6. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

thank,s your a lucky man.my bushing wore out after 2000km.it kind of mushroomed out from the connecting rod.