BTR build

Hello again, came here to "get schooled" before I started a build I knew nothing about, lots of useful info here. After gaining some knowledge here I have decided to go a little different route then original plan, that's why I'm posting on the "white page" and not in projects section. I went with a 150cc Lifan motor that would definitely make this more of a Whizzer size bike then motorized bicycle. Because of this I won't post much about it here but will give a review of the donor bike when it arrives, a worksman industrial. I was going to buy all the donor parts separate but is cheaper to buy a whole bike and cut it up( I can picture your faces as you read that LOL...) The bike I ordered has the drum brakes front and rear and came to about $500.00 shipped. The motor was a craigslist find for $225 in the box! The bike should be here in a week or so and will post review on bicycle when it arrives.

Attachments

• CIMG3740.JPG
    CIMG3740.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by a moderator:
btr

Hello Again, I just want to say I am NO bicycle expert but will try my best for an honest review of the Worksman bicycle classic cruiser. I have a GT (older one) and my wife a Trek, that's all I have to compare the bike with quality wise. ORDERING: Ordering was simple, went to there website and picked out the options I wanted. I called it in instead of ordering online because I wanted it with no paint. That request raised a little red flag and the salesperson directed me to someone else (maybe there boss?) Any way Al was his name and he took my order but with the understanding there would be no warranty because of my intended modifications. Cost was about $460.00 with drum brakes front and rear, and $50.00 for delivery. DELIVERY: From time of order to arrival at my door was 7 business days! Super fast. I went to go lift the box to bring it in and quickly realized the heft of this bike; I knew it was industrial even before I opened the box. After opening the box I could see packaging should have been better, there were 2 dings in the chain guard and the neck bearings were also badly damaged. Also if the bike were painted it would have been scratched, but maybe it was not packed as well because of the no paint request, who knows? One call and with no problem they said bearings are on the way, so customer service seems high on there list, that is very important to me and so far so good. With that said they should do a better job in packing, if bike were painted and scratched I think I would have been a little more upset about it. QUALITY: If you ever find yourself saying, " Boy, they don't make things like they used to" you are going to love this bike! This bike looks like it was made 50 years ago with braised welds and sleeved joints, heavy duty is an accurate description, but crude would also apply. I would say it is the "vintage jeep" of the bicycle world, simple and tough. My GT is very advanced compared to this bike, machine perfect weld beads and precision fitment. I can lift the GT with two fingers and would have to bench press the Worksman to lift it LOL. But then again my GT isn't made with 1" .065 dom mild steel tubing! The Worksman is made in old world tradition, made by hand instead of automated assembly. CONCLUSHION: It's good to see an American manufacturer of anything make it today, very hard to stay profitable with production and health care costs in the states. For a motorized bike build I don't think I could have done any better. The Worksman is a bike with a single purpose, to be bulletproof and last. The engineering on this bike is older then I am so if you're a "latest and greatest" type of person you might want to look at something else, but if your "old school" look no further, your bike is waiting at http://worksmancycles.com/

Attachments

• CIMG3762.JPG
    CIMG3762.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 189
  • CIMG3763.JPG
    CIMG3763.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 185
  • CIMG3765.JPG
    CIMG3765.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 190
Back