Bucking bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha1234

Local time
3:41 AM
I have this issue where l of a sudden, I took off the small cover to the sprocket where you feed the chain and when I try to put back the cam shaft cover back on, the pin (bucking bar) is sticking out too far. This, not allowing the cover to go on properly. I removed the clutch cover and loosened the flower but but to no avail! How did this happen and HOW does the pin go back to its normal spot? I have YET TO STILL start the motor!! I just bought it five days ago!! Please, someone help!!

That has no effect whatsoever. Regardless if the clutch is engaged or disengaged, the bucking bar is still sticking out! I tried getting the ball out, but it seems to be stuck. So, how could of this have happened?!

I took out the flower nut, took off the cover, I did everything that I was supposed to. And still, with that all taken apart, the bar was STILL sticking out! Even the clutch cable taken off, that didn't matter. So, how the hell did the ball get in the way, is a mystery to me! Because it wasn't before! I tried getting the ball out but even IF I did, the ball would still be placed in the same place. So, what the hell!

New clutches are very springy. You'll want to put the flower nut back to where it was, but you'll have a hard time since you don't have the clutch arm on. Basically pick one of the 3 spots (I like the upper left) to start putting in a bolt on the clutch arm/gear cover.

Now press with your hand to tighten it down a little where it bolts in. Then start with the other bolts. Press with a hand to tighten bolts down.

I don't think you understand. The ball bearing, where the bucking pin is, will NOT MOVE. No matter what I do. Idk how the ball ended up where it was

And I can out back the flower nut anytime. Whether the arm of the cover is on or not

It's a spring loaded assembly and is meant to stick out!if you place the cover with the bolts just started to thread in you can then tighten evenly setting the bucking bar and ball under its loaded spring pressure!

I don't think you understand. The ball bearing, where the bucking pin is, will NOT MOVE. No matter what I do. Idk how the ball ended up where it was
Can you post a pic.? If you lightly tap the bucking bar "lightly" with a hammer will it move in? Remember we are not there looking at the situation so bear with us and we will try to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back