Bucking bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok for the clutch when the hand lever is locked the clutch should be disengaged and the bike move forward with only the resistance of the chain drive and clutch shaft!then with it engaged it should lock up the clutch to be able to turn over the engine with just a little play in the cable.

OK I don't quite follow you on that....If the clutch is pushed IN, the bike can move freely right? And if the clutch is engaged (let out) then the bike can't move unless after I've peddaled and the motor starts right?

Hm. Well, sometimes the bike moved with the clutch in, and then the rear tire ended up not moving. How come? Should I move the flower nut ONE more space lose? But you're saying that it's not supposed to be where I can move the bike freely if the clutch is moved in or out huh?

Hm. Well, sometimes the bike moved with the clutch in, and then the rear tire ended up not moving. How come? Should I move the flower nut ONE more space lose? But you're saying that it's not supposed to be where I can move the bike freely if the clutch is moved in or out huh?

Oh man, I'm sorry, but one last thing, about the throttle. It's normal if the throttle can spin a FULL 360 degrees when the motor isn't running right?.....I assembled the cable correctly because I can see the tube that's connected into the carb being lifted up when I pull on the throttle. I just want to MAKE SURE that the throttle is supposed to spin a full 360 when the engine isn't running

The throttle normally turns 45-60 degrees so something is not right if it turns a full 360 its sound like there is to much cable or the elbow isn't installed. the clutch set up shouldn't grab at all when hand lever is pulled in! it may need more tension on the cable and arm to achive this,then the flower nut can be set at the right tension once it's running to make it not slip while under load!

Yeah, but what do you mean by elbow? Is that the cable that's at the end of the bottom of the throttle? I don't u derstand. I mean, when I pull the throttle towards me, I can see the pin moving up and down in the carb slot. I KNOW it's setup right. I don't need to drill a hole in my bike frame for that little piece in the throttle bar right? That's just for handlebars that are to skinny to keep the throttle from moving when you soon the throttle right? Because I just installed the throttle handlebar without drilling a hole. I have a thick handlebar frame. It doesn't move when I spin the throttle. But it does move and release the cable from within the carb. So I don't know what happened with that

If the metal 90 degree elbow isn't used then there will be to much cable causing you to have to much rotation of the grip, the pin is used to lock the assembly in place and should be used!

And like I said, the engine is NOT running when I spin the throttle. But if I spin it, there is resistance in the cable. I just want this to work! I've been working on this thing for six days tomorrow. I've flowed every instruction to key and still can't get this to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back