Bucking bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I shouldn't need to tighten the screw all the way where it ends on the carb end?
No not all the way between the three you take up the extra length of the cable by making those longer,when you twist the throttle right away it should start to lift the slide in carb and when the slide is at the top it will stop and not allow any more twist of throttle.

Well, all I know is that the throttle does spin normally. It spins more if I spin it hard enough because there is no more room for it to spin. So the ACTUAL handle is spinning. But there is tension in the throttle and that's normal right? For tension? And it spins the degree that you mentioned but just more if I were to KEEP spinning the handlebar....Does that make any sense?
yes thats why they put the pin to lock it to the bar so you can hit the throttle stop and feel no more rotation

Oh! So I HAVE to drill a hole in the frame then?....
Yes in the handle bar where the throttle housing is going to be placed!You can dill a 1/8 hole to start and just enlarge the hole until the pin just fits snug a little tight is better than lose imo

And by having that pin put in place of the frame, that prevents the throttle handle from spinning a full 360 degree?....Interesting. I thought that pin was only to make SURE that the whole handlebar doesn't spin.....

ONE last thing! And I really do appreciate everything you've helped me with. When I installed the wiring, I out blue to blue, and black to black. Now, for the kill switch I think I may have put the black with blue and the red wire with the black....If I did, will that destroy my spark to the engine?.....

Not likely, but I would put all black together and the red with the blue but that's just me,I am pretty sure it works the same ether way!

Okay just making sure. So, I guess that solves my dilemma! I hope now that tomorrow I'll be able to start it. Now, can I have the clutch lose enough to where I can move the bike freely regardless if the clutch is in or out? Because I've also noticed that I would loosen up the flower nut to where I think it is appropriate, and then start to move the bike and all of a sudden, the rear tire gets jammed again. That's why I'm asking if I can have the flower nut loose enough to where I can ride the bike either way with the clutch

No the flower nut will be adjusted once the engine is running,when the clutch lever is released there has to be sufficient pressure on the plates and pads to turn over the engine and then transfer the engine power to the out put gear without slipping under load this is when you adjust the flower nut to eliminate slip!So clutch in bike rolls if it's grabbing a bit then it needs a bit more tension on the arm at the cable until it does not grab thru a full rotation, then check that clutch out hand lever released it has full lock up to turn over the engine and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back