Build or buy expansion chamber?

I always take the baffles out. Some people like low end but i like to feel it pull harder as i go faster. Will the SBP expansion chamber yield a lesser power increase? How does it compare to the MZMIAMIPARTS pipe in terms of performance and where the powerband is in the rev range

removing the baffles only makes it louder which fools the unexperienced into thinking it has more power

I have felt the noticable difference in pull without the baffle. I've had bikes that didnt have the power to reach full speed until i removed the baffles. If there was no difference I would leave em in.

hmm... I wonder if some exhausts are more restrictive than others. I noticed no difference with mine (back in 2010).
Any way I don't think it's a good idea to make a nuisance of yourself with too much noise when there are tried and true methods of increasing power.
If you have a stock CDI then dremel it to allow the magneto to be 5 degrees more retarded which benefits top rpm power.
http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/images/woodruff2.jpg
Also use sandpaper on glass to plane down a stock head for more compression.
And make your own gasket from hi temp gasket material which seals much better than aluminum for more engine efficiency due to less loss of combustible mixture past the gasket.
Also chunk the stock air filter and put one on that is less restrictive.
Also lessen the hole in the main jet till the spark plug is no longer black. Too rich lessens power.
(use solder and micro drill bits or buy a few smaller sized main jets)

Every one i had was had more torque and would reach top speed more quickly. The pull was definitely noticeable. I live in the country so noise isnt an issue. I rolled some teflon tape into a rope and put it in place of the head gasket after sanding down the head. It squished down to almost nothing and makes a great seal. I've been running it like that for a while now with no issues. Had a broken motor mount stud that caused a lot of vibrating and a loss of power. Got it out and replaced it with a bolt. Should help out a lot.

well maybe the new pipes are more restrictive than they were 6 years ago.
consider also that you are subjecting your own ears to excessive noise which does slight damage which you won't notice now but you will when you get to be old.

Back