building a 150cc powered trike

Discussion in 'Motorized Trikes' started by bucvoss, Aug 22, 2010.

1. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

I started a new project. I bought a new 150cc engine and installing it in a trike frame i built. Im using a northern tool differiantial... now just in the setting up stage....This trike was 72 volt powered hub drive..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010

2. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Wow! This sucker should fly!!!:bowdown:

Disc brakes front and rear?

Are you modifying the trike for independent rear suspension to lean into the corners?:detective:

3. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

hyd disc brakes rear for both wheels ,drum for front. Just front suspension and a suspension seat. no leaning in corners lol

4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I'd like to see what you're doing with the front.

5. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

6. Jax Rhapsody

Jax Rhapsody Member

Hey could I see aq bigger pic and some info on the rear diff? I have a columbia trike that came stock with a peerless diff and I want to compare and contrast.

7. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

hi, go to northern tool and hydraulics and search differential under go karts. they have all the specs

8. loquin

loquin Active Member

How are you hooking up the pedals?

9. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

if you look to the right of frame there is a sprocket on a freewheel that will run to front hooking to pedal shaft up in corner

[​IMG]

10. Jax Rhapsody

Jax Rhapsody Member

Thanks man, I sent them an email. Which one did you order the 38 or the 24?

11. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

hi, i used the 34 , so far it is working in the build great (fitting that is) the calipers i bought of ebay fit the space on shaft perfect with the pillow block bearing in place.
    i will post a couple of more pics later.

12. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

2010-09-01_12-10-16_722.jpg

2010-09-03_10-39-55_295.jpg

heres a couple of more pics. Im wating on a chain tensioner and some exhaust parts. After its all setup i will take apart final weld and paint .

13. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

trike is up and running. All systems work great. I did an over kill on the disc brakes. could have got away with 6 inch rotors instead of the ten inch ones . i have to be very carfull when hitting the brakes. I also have to change the gearing as it tops out to quick at 48 mph and 7200 rpms. Blast to ride, so far ive put 200 miles with just having to do carb adjustments. Oh the the bikes pedals work great, pretty easy to pedal and tops out just above walking speed lol.

14. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

get some pics up of that monster so we can all admire your work.

15. bucvoss

bucvoss Member

heres a couple, dont laugh as it will hurt my feelings lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Looks good. Don't let anyone "official" see you going over 40. It would be a bummer if they told you that you can't ride it.