Building my first MB

yugi

Local time
10:06 AM
Just ordered a 66cc kit from Thatsdax, now choosing a bike.
Looking for some beach cruiser preferably with front suspension.
What do you think?

Welcome to MBc, Yugi. I am certainly no expert on these things (I ride a recubent trike), but I understand that a Beach Cruiser with a Springer fork motorizes quite well. I also understand that you may have some problems with a front brake. Try contacting Azbill and/or RedB66 for more info on this. Good Luck.

Ya know what is more important then suspension ... " BRAKES "

Hand brakes front and rear.... Don't trust coaster brakes.....
And if you want to ride on dirt get a M/B not a beach cruser.

Dirty cruising

I ride my beach cruiser in the dirt,grass and ditches, heck anywhere. I put my builds to the test. Drive it like you stole it.:cool: carefull with front brake while turning:cry:

Brakes...

There is one thing I can add about coaster brakes. I have posted this before, but can't find it right now to direct you to it:

"...(I am giggling as I type this, but take it seriously) I rode a coaster brake bike for many years. One thing I can tell you for sure is that, no matter how fast you are going, if you stomp on it, the thing will lock-up your rear wheel in a "heartbeat". If you are ready for the consequences, go for it...if not, stay away. [While we were flying down a steep hill to Lake Michigan, next to a deep ravine, for some odd reason my buddy locked up his coaster brake on his big, old vintage 50's Schwinn with a front friction motor. It was new at the time.] I can still see poor Jerry Kingston going "airborne into the woods and down the ravine crashing thru the bushes and bouncing off of trees"...and that was a long, long time ago. <roflmao>

Thank the Lord that he only ended up with scrapes and bruises...but his MB crashed and burned at the bottom of the ravine in a twisted hunk of metal, that could have been Jerry.

I think that is all I have to say on the subject of coaster brakes.

Of course, I'm going to install a front brake, because it does most of the braking.
Right now I'm debating between a Schwinn with a springer front fork for $150 or GT1 bike for $290. The price difference is kinda big, but of course the GT1 is a better bike.

Back