Built and ready to ride.

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by shawnshank, Jun 1, 2009.

1. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

Finally the day is here. My bike is assembled and ready to go. I took it on it's maiden run and it performed as advertised.
    I am so happy with the end result.
    Take a look and let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I like this setup... Does it run on a belt?

3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

That's a Golden Eagle 40cc kit, a real growler.

First time I've seen the front strap angle put on that way, the nut sometimes gets in the way, I know.

I always rec. the shock absorber zip ties on that strap, like in your other thread.

Hey SS, I couldn't make it zoom enough to see, what is holding on your throttle near the grip?

4. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

Yes it's a belt drive.
    To respond to your suggestion bama...I plan on doing the zip tie safty measure but I have to get to the hardware store for a metal drill bit and some more zip ties first.
    As for whats holding on the throttle...the clip that came with the kit was a tad cheesy and loose so I used a piece of rubber around the bar then I double zip tied it really tight. I plan on finding a better clip for that at the hardware store as well.
    So far so good though.
    Wait till you see the hood ornament I put on her :D

5. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

My throttles are on the inside of the handlebars, facing me.

What I get is a small radiator clamp, grind a tad off the end so it slips in that throttle slot.

Then, to fill in that "gap", under the throttle, I put on a zip tie or two, snip them. It holds the thottle trigger on the edge of the grip, and at a better angle than it has without those zip tie shims.

6. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Very nice clean build you have...

7. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

SShank,

nice bike, and a good choice of engine / drive.

glad you found what you wanted and it worked out for you.

steve