Bumping 450 Posting Members=(lazy title edit job)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bamabikeguy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I'm MB.editing a previous post, since BlueFlame apparantly was 4 members in and of himself, which bogused up the numbers.

Got to say, quite a few of the new installs on the Happy Times engines seem to be going semi-flawlessly, and THAT was an important part of the initial UTOPIAN forum idea.

And the threads seem to be staying together longer, fewer frayed and split ends, even as membership increases.

Thanx for getting in early and often on the introductions folks, pointing the new folks to the best places to start posting ! 8)

Congrats again.

2. bamabikeguy

*bump* so MB.com can enjoy the "growing glow"

btw- at one point this morning there were TWO potential spammers registered, both with Afghan flags.

Our intro posting/linking delay may seem awkward, BUT IT WORKS !

3. woo-hoo!

*toasts MBc with ginger ale* :cool:

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i've been sitting here for an hour and still haven't made a dent in the new posts :eek:

this place is really taking off, no doubt :)

you all rock (and roll) 8)

5. bamabikeguy

You are right about the quantity, but the quality of the posts are increasing at the same MB.com ratio, thankfully 8)

I tried for 2 hours to keep up, banged into the iceberg, must "float away" and get to work on the bikes in the shop.

But I want to especially thank some of the newest MB's for rescuing some old threads and enlarging the conversation, it makes it a whole lot easier to follow an idea when a lot of members pipe in and tweak a topic.

We are going to fly to 500 active members very shortly.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yup, hence the "you all rock"...it's so much more fun when all staff has to do is make sure all the images are working right, maybe move something to a better place, you know, regular stuff :)

it's pretty neat to see an "oldie but goodie" make it back to page-1, that's a sure sign that the forums are starting to percolate all on their own...

yes, you all do rock...we may have "made" MBc, but you, our members, make it what it is 8)

7. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

i'll second that notion 8)

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

thirded and motion carried :lol:
    it seems that the people here are the coolest I have ever come across on the net (99.999% of them)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Also we are all different ages/sex/states/economic backgrounds and yet we all get along... :cool:

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

and different countries, too...the guys in oz are getting along nicely...and, musn't forget our northern buds in canada, eh? mexico is represented, as well as south america & europe, who also has more than a few active riders :D

yeah...it's been a pretty good time, & it only seems to be getting better 8)

11. bamabikeguy

So, the numbers are going to get bogused again.....

You know, in the goat business, I have a two strike and your out with nannies.

A yearling I'll cut a little slack, but a fat nanny who ignores the newborns wakes up one morning in the sale barn, somebody elses goat.

That is the trick to "sheparding"....

The only major thing I inherited from granddad was a big box of hinges, why I have over 40 gates on my barn/corral apperatus.

I slap two hinges on a pallat/peice of plywood and "whoola" I have a gate, and no matter which way a culled goat goes, it's trapped.

Anyway, just wanted to say, for every member who has hurt feelings about such a neutral subject as Motored Bikes, 50 more are joining every couple of weeks....

Enjoy reading the good posts, and haven't got time to "check egos" about the other cr*p.

Two strikes should be the MB.method.

12. I haven't come accross more than a couple of people with 'hurt egos' on this board.

there is an internet saying that I really can't mention because it's not very nice, but the gist is that fighting on the internet reveals to the world that you are stupid.

13. Jim H

Jim H Guest

When I first started reading this forum there was only one page of photos and not a lot going on elsewhere and I remember thinking I wish there was more info, more going on... well, got my wish cause this great forum has and is growing into something huge thanks to the efforts of staff, members and those interested in the same things. WE'RE SO COOL...