Bushings?/Bearings? and oil

Anyone know if either of the Chinese engines have roller bearings through out the crank and rod? I just talked with Dax about the 65cc they put on sale, and he mentioned the crank has a roller and a solid :confused:
Shoot, I wanted an engine with roller rod bearings upper and lower, and roller bearing on both sides of the crank. I don't want any bushings in the eng, clutch and output shafts OK.
Who knows which has these? Augie, do you know?

thanks all, Ray

The Dax motors have needle bearings for upper and lower connecting rod on the J70 and J50. The D65 is a solid bearing for the upper rod.

Thanks Butch....and about those main crank bearings? Appreciate the help :)

regards,
Ray

Hmmm, I wonder what Duane ment then when he mentioned the 65D has the new upper bearing upgrade but the lower is a combo of roller and solid? Would the LOWER rod bearing be a bushing on that eng? Hope not.

I was told by Duane that the upper rod bearing on the 65D is a solid bearing. I can't say for sure but I would think that the lower rod bearing would be a needle bearing like the 50 and 70cc motors.

Just got off the phone with Duane at Dax, he confirmed that on the 65D the cranks are ball bearing and BOTH upper and lower rod is bushing. I was bummed but while talking to him (for near 25min, Cool Dude!) he mentioned of all the engine he has sold and worked with none had ever shown signs of distress on the lower rod bearing (bushing) EXCEPT the ones that had been run too light on their premix ratio. He mentioned 20:1 25:1 to protect that lower rod bushing. I totally agree, thanks Duane! Thanks Butch I appreciate your thoughts as well :)

BTW...ALL the DAX engines have bushings on both ends of the rods orig. 50's 65 and 70's. In case anyone was wondering.

regards,
Ray

I don't get it. I just went out to the garage to look at a couple of Dax 70cc motors that I have torn apart. I'm pretty sure that they were both purchased from Dax 2-3 years ago and they both have needle bearings for the lower connecting rod and bushings for the upper.

OK..This is what I know so far..and this is Current

Dax 50 and 70 have Roller bearing crank. Connection rod is solid lower and roller upper at wrist pin. But..Since I have only inspected the upper to verify roller bearing, I did not inspect the lower connection of the Rod to see if it is solid or roller. So..I will have to go with what I know and that it is still solid. If anyone has taken one apart and looked lately.. one with the Roller upper, let me know if it is still solid or roller. As for the 65 type D High performance as far as I know they are solid lower and upper on the connection rod with crank on roller bearings. I will take one apart next chance I get and look at the lower my self. Never have had any problems with that bearing anyway. mix 25:1 and you will not either.. Solid or roller seem to work great with correct mix. Thanks..

Duane, I like how you prefer to err on the positive side by stating it has a solid bearing rather than hype it up that it has a roller bearing (until confirmed)

First rate.

Back