Busted

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uncle_punk13

I tore into the hot rod whizzer yesterday and my initial suspicions from a year ago are correct. The rings are fried and and the cylinder is scored. I told ya' so... I need to stop second guessing myself, as I am usually correct in my instincts. It's okay, I have the most of the parts and machineries to take care of this. I just need the rings for the O.S. piston, and hope I can find some. I am also holding to the hope that I can get it done in a month and a half (and redo the break in) in time for the "100 Years of Motorcycling" event in Eastern Washington at the end of July... Keep on keepin' on y'all!!!:cool:

Hi Uncle punk 13 Talk to Augi today and he said you might need somethings to get back on the road .If you do let me know .. Bill green Vancouver Whizzer

Hey Mitch,
Unfortunately I work weekends, so I have to really choose which events I attend. I won't be going to that one but WILL be attending the Ocean Park rally in August.
Hi Bill!!! Thanks so much for the offer and I will take youy up on that. As soon as I get my Dart back on the road, and figure out exactly what all I need, I put in the word with ya' and come down to pick it all up when it arrives. Coffee's on me that day!!!
Rif

How old

How many miles did you get before this happenned?

Hi Zombie,
I'd rather not say as it was a stupid, amatuer mistake; but when I first fired it I had the carb assembled wrong (slide in backwards) and the rpms redlined in an instant. I think that's when things went bad, then I really pushed her hard before copmpleting break in. My own fault, and I accept that. :rolleyes:

I took the head into work and while running inconel brackets, with a two hour run time, I hand lapped the surface to check for warpage. Yeah there is definately warpage there, so I stood there during my 14 1/2 hour day and hand lapped the son of a gun back to a decent flat mating surface... Tomorrow i'll be back in my workshop and I'll pull the cylinder to take into work with me and talk to the boss man about boring and honing for that o.s. piston.,
I'd like to ask some of you experts out there about how much room we have for o.s. valves, as I've a set I'd like to install but they are HUGE (Woodstock Whizzer stainless O.S. valves). Is there room with the stock seats to machine for these valves or will these not work as not having enough seat in the NE cylinder casting assy? Thanx all,
Rif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys As A dealer for Whizzer I understand why he has to watch was he says . We all have to keep in mind about uncle sam and the epa. Its one thing for offroad use and another for on the street .And I know we all want to keep A great thing going . With that said I respect Quentions stand on this.... So time to ride and have fun.... Thank you Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

Hi All,
Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond sooner, but I received over a hundred emails [in a couple of hours], and my PM box is 99%, and one phone call after another. WOW I just found out how big this site really is.
I will still supply help to anyone that requests it. I will still answer posts on this great site. I have a very, very, very, large supply of OEM Whizzer parts if needed, however It will be necessary to PM me for special rates [got to follow the rules].
Bill it has nothing to do with EPA or anything close, but more to do with selling parts. Often when Whizzer owners contact me, it is over an upgrade or a needed replacement part. If I remove myself from the mainstream [as suggested], then the company or person supplying the needed information will most likely [99%] make a parts sale. As most of the members of this site already know, I don't really prophit a great deal from supplying Whizzer replacement or upgrade parts, and do most of it because of my passion for Whizzer motorbikes. And I certainly don't want to limit anyones choice of where to purchase Whizzer parts.
Now plan "B", instead of my informative posts, I will simply answer all questions posted on this site. "If you ask, I will answer". If you need replacement or upgrade parts I will supply them. If you need your Whizzer motor repaired, rebuilt, or upgraded I will now offer this service [PM me for details & prices]. This special service will also include automatic clutch upgrades, hi RPM oil breather systems, and part alignment services.

I now hope everyone is happy.

Since Rif asked a question, here is the answer. Sorry, but the Woodstock Whizzer valves supplied by Ralph Westman in IL. will not work in the NE Whizzer cylinder without replacing the valve seats, they are just way too big. BTW I have a set of his valves on the shelf just in case anyone wants to give it a try. The second problem you will encounter is the small, if any, increase in performance unless you also increase the valve pocket I.D. by approx. 20%.

Have fun
Whizzer Outerbanks LTD.
Quenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back