Butch's EZM Recumbent

That is a lovely build Butch. What sprockets have you got on the engine drive chain? The rear wheel one looks big and the gearbox one looks very small. Is it a freewheel sprocket on the gearbox?

Cool ride Butch. I've been thinking of building a 2-wheel recumbent much like that. Any advice about building that style frame?

Really nice looking bike, Butch
I like the color and the way you have the motor tucked in there.
Must be a comfortable ride.

Have you thought about using the flex exhaust tubing?

How are you adjusting the rear motor chain tension?

Last edited:
That is a lovely build Butch. What sprockets have you got on the engine drive chain? The rear wheel one looks big and the gearbox one looks very small. Is it a freewheel sprocket on the gearbox?

The gearbox sprocket is 9 tooth and the rear wheel sprocket is 48 tooth. No freewheel sprocket on the gearbox. Thanks for the compliment.

Cool ride Butch. I've been thinking of building a 2-wheel recumbent much like that. Any advice about building that style frame?

I guess the main thing is make sure the frame is straight and everything is aligned.
Check alignment, tack weld, check again and realign if needed before final weld.

Really nice looking bike, Butch
I like the color and the way you have the motor tucked in there.
Most be a comfortable ride.

Have you thought about using the flex exhaust tubing?

How are you adjusting the rear motor chain tension?

Thanks for the compliment. It is a very comfortable ride. I do believe that this is going to be my new favorite ride.
I have ben considering the flexible exhaust. Maybe soon.
I thought I had enough adjustment room on the rear dropouts but the chain was still a little sloppy. I'm in the process of installing a chain tensioner now.

I have attached a stabilizer bracket for the EZM transmission and also a bracket for a chain tensioner. I'm now just waiting for my sprocket and adapter from Jim and I can finish putting it back together again. Sprocket and adapter were supposedly shipped yesterday so I might have it on the road by the weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.:D

Attachments

• EZM chain tensioner.jpg
    EZM chain tensioner.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 258
Wow,that is one Heavy Duty rear brace set up!

I have a very clean seat post attachment but of course you did not have that option

Can't wait to see it up and running again....

I was hoping to have the sprocket and adapter this weekend but no such luck. Maybe and hopefully it'll arrive next week. Been waiting about a month now and I sure hope it's worth the wait.

Back