buy back my first built (then sold) motorbike? need advice...

DJEEPER

Local time
3:23 PM
ok... to make this short, i built a bike ~2 years ago over the winter, then sold it early that summer for about 400....way less than what i had in it but i needed monies.:sick:

Now, the guy i sold it to (no friend relation or anything) is looking to sell it back to me....for $100

this is the bike:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/djeeper/DSCN1007-1.jpg

It will need some maint. work done to it...he said the carb might be dirty or something....but i would do the carb, plug, cdi maybe, etc....
so what do you think?

I dont need another, as i have this one:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/djeeper/minichopper/bike2.jpg

i just have the attraction to get this bike back...it was my first creation from the ground up...:geek:

let's see here
get the guy down to 85 dollars --- cash
get the THING running good
lock it up outside with a for sale sign -- 140 dollars ??

or
if we don't need another MB
and don't wish to hassle with a re-sale --- pass on this one
MM

IF it were me and money was not an issue, I'd buy it in a heart beat for $100.00 if it's mechanically sound ! It's hard to find a really good donor bike for $100.00.

Buy it,but even if u don't wanna sell it(and have the space) keep it as a spare....sometimes things happen to your main bike so it's good to have a backup(or two)
Also if u have more than one it makes for a great ride when an interested friend comes around.

Cool little bike, I'd drop 100 clams on it in a heartbeat. Carbs are cheap, I have 2 on the shelf if you need one :)

Well...i went to look at it today and apparently since i sold it to him, he used it for a short while and then put it in the garage for 2 years :(

it is dirty, the carb is junk/gunk, it has 2 year old gas...

but, the compression is still good.

The CDI spark plug wire tip broke off, so i would have to replace it.

So i am looking at a spark plug wire, carb, tubes, spark plug...and a general overhaul.

what do you guys think? It was so cool to see it again after all these years...

oh, also, it is the older type of motor with the smaller studs...and im sure it just has a bushing, not a bearing on the crank.....

Frankly, if the $100 is not an issue, I think you'd be crazy not to buy it back.

Keep it for a spare, or re-sell it again, whichever works better for you. Buy low, sell high is the essence of capitalism, after all.

Back