Buyers & Sellers...Who's in Charge at MBc?

G

gone_fishin

well, it seems our un-favorite seller has made his presence known yet again...time to clear the air around here.

MotoredBikes.com is a gathering of buyers, builders, & riders of motor-assisted-bicycles (motoredbikes), and we do allow sellers to interact with our members but under a strict set of guidelines.

seems we've gotten the attention of sellers and makers, both on ebay & private websites. that makes sense, because any time enough consumers gather it will have an influence on the market. in the case of the "happy time" industry, that's been a long time overdue. we've seen shady representation of engines and components, extortive shipping practices & charges, and we've been directly attacked here on the forums.

now, MBc has been threatened by the above mentioned seller with hacking of our site. it's also been mentioned that perhaps a leading importer could force us to comply with a seller's wishes to edit our content to meet his needs.

so, i ask you, the MBc member & consumer: who's in charge here, anyway?

and...please, post your feelings on this matter so certain folks finally get the message...no names (yet), they know who they are.

Papasaun said:
:D :D :D
Unless the seller / importer / manufacturer is giving out freebies (and I mean big dollar freebies), there ain't no way in heck they can control this site.
MB.c is mainly consumers working with other consumers. Sellers beware of bad business practices,,,, we spread it by word of mouth, which can be either good or bad, sellers choice!

Papa

Ohh freebies I like freebies! :D :D

But the Buyer "Consumer" is in charge here. The Customer is always right and if the seller does not like it.. Piss off we go elsewhere as always the Customer who is not a sheeple is in charge so yeah.

Having said that I would rather see more legitimate sellers get involved here. Do not worry we wont bite :)

ordre

i was almost about to order a engine off the guy your talking about. thanxs.. look like u saved me a hole lot of trouble

There seems to be a lot of history that I'm not familar with since I'm relatively new here but I feel the buyers are in charge here.

This site is an excellent site for the discussion of all the MotoredBike setups out there from the expensive down to the home-brewd setups and that makes this site excellent.

Its not all about one kit here, but more about how to make engine/motor assisted biking work for anyone.There is a wealth of information here that comes from a lot of people who actually have (colllectively) tried what is out there in one way or another, thats how I see it anyway.

Oh and I'm a middle aged, happily married man that doesnt have any kids to worry about as far as inappropriate net content for kids in house but I love that this site is kept family friendly since that tends to keep things on the subject that these forums are here for and eliminates a lot of useless content.Thank you for that MB.com admins.

public run and owned

if anybody is stupid enough to retaliate against hard working information seekers who talk about bicycles i feel really quite sorry for them.if there trying to sell something and this is what theyve done they will sell nothing this stuff spreads like wildfire.i order and install kits for a hobby mostly and keep it fun.i respect the owner and moderators judgement and am 100% on there side.groups always rule especially this one.

I believe that the people here are here to help, and be helped
if a vendor comes here and helps that is fine, but if they come here to trash other vendors or make insulting comments, that is not.
an honest vendor has no reason to use multiple names when selling the same stuff, nor do they need to try to circumvent our security measures just to hawk their wares
we have worked hard here to make this forum a good place for people to learn how to install and maintain their motoredbikes, and I for one am happy that others feel the same
we try to give good advise here based on our own experience and if a vendor feels threatened by us enough to threaten us over it, I feel we are doing our job correctly

ps...I waited till today to post ,so as to do so with a clear head and not to trash people who need trashing

When did the "I don't vote in polls" feature disappear ?

kronic gets my "ditto", sort of like the Utopia envisioned early on, the thing has gotten better because enthused consumers are trading information, and BOGUS gets pounced on like a hen on a junebug.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you realize, of course, i'd have been really surprised if that didn't happen...the bait was simply irresisitable, eh?

bama, i didn't think this one needed it, you'll either vote or not....that's a statement in itself (when paired with "number of views"), i want to see where the community's at on many fronts. new software's about to kick in and it's the perfect time to make some serious decisions.

:LOL: :LOL:

having fun?

i'm trying to decide if i want to use my personal webspace to publish all the educational material you've been emailing us, verbatim and uncensored...should go a long way towards debunking your "any publicity is good publicity" theory, eh?

lemme guess, the 2 are from our un-friend in tucson !!!
for someone who doesn't seem to like us, he is trying very hard to disrupt our site
the good thing is, the people here are aware of him, and the way he does business
now we just have to let the rest of the world know !!!

only 8 days now !!!

augie wrote:
now, MBc has been threatened by the above mentioned seller with hacking of our site. it's also been mentioned that perhaps a leading importer could force us to comply with a seller's wishes to edit our content to meet his needs.

wouldn't it be funny if the leading importer, suddenly wasn't the leading importer anymore :eek: . we don't need them as much as they need us, let's not forget how this works l would tell him(importer) to shove it up his pie hole, along with the dim wit that sells his product. he is not the only person to manufacture these products. the china markets are real cut throat and from what l have read, there are about 7 factories that make these engines, so, who does he think he is comming here making demands. sorry but l'd have b**ch slap'em really hard. he has no business telling this site what it can and can not post. what we tell people is the truth, since we had to find out the hard way ourselves. buyer is allways right. 8)

Back