By way of introduction...

Paula

Local time
4:58 AM
Hi all,

I joined up here a while back, and have been leisurely reading some of the past postings. Seems like a friendly place!

I have always wanted to own a vintage Whizzer bike, and just recently got around to buying one! We drove out to pick it up last weekend in Pennsylvania (from Indiana). It's in fairly good shape, but needs lots of work to make it *nice*, so I'm sure I will be hanging out in the Whizzer section to pick up some tips as I go along.

Many thanks to Tom for a wonderful site!

Paula

Welcome to MBc, Paula. I know it's quite a drive, but if you can you might want to try to make the drive to Lebanon, PA the first week in August. It's the Central PA Rally, and there will be a variety of vintage as well as modern Whizzers there (not to mention a plethora of other types). The host has three Whizzers of his own (two are vintage) and one of the country's foremost Whizzer experts is also likely to be there.

Thank you both for the warm welcome! And thanks Kilroy for letting me know about the rally in Lebanon. I'm just about "driven out" for now, but by the time August rolls around, who knows? Sounds like a worthwhile trip.

Paula

Back