Cafe' bike

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by jezusjonz, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jezusjonz

jezusjonz Guest

My little cafe racer that I built. Fun to ride hard on the back.

Attached Files:

forrister jenot likes this.

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

Cool ride! Put a 20 series tooth gear on it and take her to Bonnieville. Ever seen the movie "Worlds fastest Indian?

3. Dude that is totally sweet. I need a banana seat.

4. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Very cool. Looks fast

5. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

Nice build Jezusjonz !!! That yellow paint job really pops.

6. Nice and clean! - looks fun!

7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

right on, totally dig it!

8. smitty

smitty Guest

Looks good. I'm curious how you got the handlebar stem in the middle of the head tube.

9. I love it, and I love the seat. Do you feel it puts you a bit too far back on the bike to be comfortable for long rides?

10. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

NIce! the paint job looks brilliant and them tyres look sweet! thats really inspired me for my next build!

11. Also, where did you get the seat? Is that from Bicycle Designer? Looks like a 26 inch banana seat.

12. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Cool looking bike!! Nice job. Everyone here could appreciate "The World's Fastest Indian". The guy used a cork for a gas cap to cut down the weight of the bike! Enjoy.

13. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx Guest

ive got a banana seat on my bike, i like it because it puts my butt over the the rear wheel. it lets you get down for those aerodynamic high speed runs!

Attached Files:

14. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis New Member

Very nice. What frame is that?

15. jezusjonz

jezusjonz Guest

Well some notes on the bike. Believe it or not the bike was built just to see it I could make ther handle bars work. I love the cafe bikes and evertime that I start messing with a bike and I have the handle bars stripped off and the seat I just love the way it looks and when I start putting them on Im just not as happy with the overall look. So this one was built to stay at or below the top bar. Hence the handle bar idea came about. I threaded the stem all the way down, cut out the center rebearing everything and threaded it on.
    The frame is a schwinn heavy duti I bought on ebay for 20 bucks. I have these guys about an hour south of me with great prices and I can pick them up and save a bundle on shipping.
    The seat is just a plain old banana seat I got from a friend of mine the only reason it might look different is I hacked off the seat post and slid it back and bolted it to the frame.
    It needs a different gas tank that sits down over the bars. The seat needs to be made like a cafe bike and a small fairing for the front. When it gets warmer out and I can get out Im going to lay up some fiberglass parts and see how they come out.
    Overall it looks cool, take off is terrible for in town riding, and I find myself being fixed on the front wheel rotating when I ride it.

16. rod

rod Guest

Nice bike but how did you get in my head i was thinking of doing the same handlebar mod
    but since you have already pulled it off i have to ask if you have any trouble with the frame
    twisting/flexing from only being held together by bearings at the front. did you ride the bike much befor the mod does it feel as stiff now.
    I was thinking of welding another tube in behind the headtube (like a second headtube)
    between the top and down tubes to add stiffness so i'm really interested in your opinion
    on how it handles i'd like to see a few more pics from diferent angles if ya can

17. forrister jenot

forrister jenot New Member

Hiya, could you tell me the engine used on this sweet ride?
    Cheers

Forrister _ Australia