Cag Pocket motor conversion

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GraemeK, Jul 16, 2009.

1. GraemeK

GraemeK New Member

Hi All

I want to use a Cag pocket motor to build a powered cycle.
    What I need to make this easy is a primary drive reduction unit that will just bolt on the centrifugal clutch mounting. Need to have about a 3:1 reduction.
    Does anyone know of something like this that is available.

Graeme

2. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

you need to contact member "thescooterguy" he has what you need and has built many.

you're in for big fun,
    steve

3. Silvaire

Silvaire Member

Graeme,

Just curious, but what's a "Cag pocket motor"?

Regarding a 3:1 reduction unit that will fit a centrifugal clutch, here's one shown on Fleabay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRAN...6813696QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've got a couple of these that I don't plan to use. Internally they are a just a chain and sprocket with grease in a sealed case. They do not use gears.

The ones that "thescooterguy" uses in his builds are 5:1 units that have gears in oil. I've got a couple of scooters that have these same 5:1 reduction units as he uses. Both of mine have seen some use and have quite a bit of gear whine.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  4. pedro5189

pedro5189 New Member

The 3:1 that you speak of allows the drive to be on the disc brake side, correct?

Does the 5:1 that thescooterguy uses reverse the drive for the gearing side of the frame?