Cagers laws, EPA.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crazyman, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyman

crazyman New Member

I apologize for the political slant. This is in no means party related. I just hope that we Americans can get back America somehow someday.

Copied and pasted from the 2009 Mopar perf parts cat.

NOTICE
    Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative
    of any part or element of design affecting emissions or safety on motor vehicles used
    for transporting persons or property on a public street or highway. Violation may result in a fine of up to $32,500 per vehicle.

emissions or safety?

What? That means if you pull your airbag, even on the drivers side, or disable ABS, or pull a cat, or screw with your engine, anything, they can stick their hands in your pants, and then pull your wallet on the way out.

Taxation without representation (boston tea party), doesn't mean squat now. They don't care about us. They just want money and power.

Side note, how about the tax they're trying to pass on farmers for cattle? $200 a head for methane and carbon dioxide production...... These lawmakers are stupid....

2. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

I totally agree.
    Ignore them, do it anyway!
    If you get caught remove yourself from the system, toss your chains and social security number at the man and take a dump on his porch for fun. I modify and work on my car myself because it's MINE free and clear, no leins or other foolery. The way I see it if you're not endangering anybody else it's none of their business. Even if you were spewing out more emissions than the cars original design the plutocracy should have bigger fish to fry but they don't. They are the problem and they're not gonna burn their own arse.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I think that they're really not interested in folks who make modifications to their own cars. Laws like that are aimed at aftermarket commercial enterprises.

Exhaust shops would be a good example. They don't want those guys cutting out the cats and stock mufflers on car after car after car and replacing them with "cherry bombs".

but if you do that to just your own car, then they're never gonna know about it.
    And I think they don't care a whole lot. For that matter, the actual consumer might
    even be exempt from these penalties.

I hope so, because that's the way it should be. Or at least a lesser penalty for the one who buys and maintains the car.

But laws like that aren't aimed at little guys. They're aimed at those who would systematically undo these safety and pollution fighters.

And that's not unreasonable.

4. motman812

motman812 Member

Don't confuse anarchy with freedom.

5. loquin

loquin Active Member

That would REALLY make it pay the farmers to not farm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.