California motor bikes

Well, I still have heard nothing from California motor bikes.
Put I did get an update from PayPal . They said that California motor bikes said that they have shipped the engine kit. But when I looked down the page it said= shipper= none
tracking number= none
This is the strangest company I have ever dealt with.

I did get the Huffy bike that I plan to but the kit on all taken apart and cleaned and greased all the bearings, got the wheels true and strait, the brakes working, oiled all moving parts, and road it down the street to see how it rides. I thing it is a good riding bike!
I just have to get shift cables for it and set up the shifting and I think it will be ready for the engine whenever it gets here!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Well the engine kit came in today!
I still do not know what to say about this place . No communication at all. But I got the order in less then a week, and it all seems to be their . Even something I do not know what it is. Looks like a cheap junk crank puller, but I do not know what it is.
The kit was packed real good, and looks like everything is there.
So now I will start to put it together . Will take my time and try to do a good job of putting it together . I want to rubber mount the motor, gas tank, and the electricts.
I might see if their is some way of using the drop bars that are on the Huffy now. The only hard part would be getting the throttle to fit over the bend of the bars to go in the middle where I want it ot be.
Keep looking up! Ken.

rubber on motor mounts will cause serious breakage (read on this board)

that puller is used for small bevel gear, clutch hub, and drive sprocket - you'll need it at some point

OK, thank you guys for your input,
I am glad you posted your replys.
That stopped me from a big mistake. I will make sure the engine is mounted hard and flush to the frame. Thank you for telling me what the puller is for too.
Thank you again!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
Ok! Got it altogether ! Really poor quality.
Had to file the choke to get it to even move.
Had to finish drilling out the clutch lever( on the engine) so the cable would go through it.
Had to file the engine flashing where the rear mounting bracket goes.
I kept the drop bars and cut down the throttle so I could use it on the upper flat part of the bars! Looks cool, and I did not have to buy new bars.
So for under $200 I have my first Gasser!
Now I just have to work up the nerve to put gas in it and try it.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody !
Keep looking up! Ken.

Well I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving !
I took the Gasser for its maiden ride today! The engine ran good! BUT
The chain kept comeing off, in to the spokes naturally. Bent a few, but the wheel still seams to run straight .
The chain rubs the chain stay. I already have the sprocket bevel facing the outside.
I took a grinder to the frame, and opened up some more room for the chain, but it still hits a little. It was better that way. Got about a mile out of it before the chain came off.
It ran nice though. Sounded good. Quiet. Did not seam to vibrate to bad to me. If I can get the chain to stay on , this might be fun.
Sure is strange to ride a bike and not pedal it. At least I got to pedal it home when the chain came off! Keep looking up! Ken.

Assuming that the chain is falling on the inside of your sprocket (towards the spokes), try angling your tensioner slightly towards the outside of the bike and increasing tension from the tensioner to the bottom of the sprocket as this is where the chain feeds into the sprocket. This will require a slightly unnatural position of the tenisoner (angle more towards outside) and you will need to tighten the tensioner and/or wrap the tensioner with two hose clamps to keep it in place. I am doing this atm; I know it looks like Frankerstein's monster. It is hard to see in the picture but the tensioner is angled slightly away from the bike. Also, the hose clamps provides additional support to the bolts. Tighten the hose clamps with a flat head screwdriver and wrench for mechanical leverage. The hose clamps are like $1 each.

Have fun with the bike! :helmet:

photo (1).jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 170
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 165
Back