Official California Motorbikes Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Jul 25, 2015.

?

Please rate your experience with California Motorbikes (You MUST post a review also)

1. 5 - Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4 - Above Average

37.5%
  3. 3 - Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor

62.5%
  1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

California Motorbikes Reviews:

Products: 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Engines, Complete Motorized Bicycles, Spare Parts for Motorized Bicycles

2. BWB

BWB New Member

I got their 80cc Wildcat kit. The kits they offer are slightly better quality than the majority of whats out there. Priced similar or lower than most kits. Shipping took a little longer than I expected. The instructions were kinda weak. I got it put together and it worked so over all I'm happy with my choice.

3. KenM

KenM Member

Yes I got one of their kits too. Have about 130 miles on it so far and am very happy with it!
    The only thing that I was unhappy about was that I never got an email receipt, and no tracking number, when I emailed them about it I got no reply. But I recived the kit in a week or less. So all was good!
    I think if I were to get another kit , I would use them again.
    I like how this kit has everything you need , and more. It has the gear puller with it, and the wide front engine mount, if you need it. So I am happy with them. Keep looking up! Ken.

4. GREGC3

GREGC3 New Member

ordered kit wednesday 3-2-16 evening via paypal . received email 8 days later asking me what i ordered, even though seller didnt email my paypal address causing further delays, so now its ten days later . i simply stated send it out today 3-11-16 with tracking number or dont send it at all. will update saturday 3-12 here.
    2015 Wildcat 80cc Motorized Bike Kit- 150MPG, 35MPH

$138.00

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  5. GREGC3

GREGC3 New Member

Seller can not find the transaction posted to PAYPAL, and so all i can do is give him or her the trans. id and go from there. WHICH I DID. californiamotorbikes.com claims they can not find this transaction.

HouseOfEl likes this.
  6. HouseOfEl

HouseOfEl Member

Any update on this GREGC3? I ordered from them about a week ago and they gave me some crap about shipping things out next week. The problem is I see guys posting on their FB that they've been waiting since February. I'm concerned already.

7. Jay dee

Jay dee New Member

I ordered from them about 2 weeks ago i got it within a week i was happy until i took it to the person who was gonna help me put it together right and was told it was a 49cc and i ordered a 80cc i emailed them and told them and they said they dont carry 49cc so im just out of luck make me not even wanna deal with it anymore

Attached Files:

8. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

these motors are advertised as 80cc but are actually 66cc. yours seem the size of a 66cc so i wouldnt worry. again, there is no 80cc for these chinese kit motors. relax. also, you can put it together yourself. look for youtube vids and take it slow

9. Jay dee

Jay dee New Member

So this is a 66cc for sure 20160413_231648.jpg 20160413_231848.jpg 20160413_231848.jpg

10. HouseOfEl

HouseOfEl Member

Did you order a complete kit (with Bike) or just a motor? It seems that they ship motors quickly, but full kits take forever. It does look like your bike is Miricagi (however that's spelled) so I assume you only got the motor from them? And why do a lot of sellers have "66cc (80cc)" which is the real block size?

11. Jay dee

Jay dee New Member

I just got the motor

12. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

It seems like a 66cc engine to me but to know for sure you will need to measure the size of the bore, which means removing the head on the engine and measuring the diameter of the bore. It is 47mm for 66cc and 42.5mm for the 49cc. If you are really new to this I don't recommend removing the head to just determine that since the head bolts and nuts can be fickled without a torque wrench. Maybe, there is an easier way someone knows to be sure.

13. Let me tell you all my experience with Zane Smith at CMB. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! No receipt or confirmation of order. It took them 2 weeks to get my motors from No Cal to So Cal, his excuse was "im too busy" when i called him about this. Thats No excuse man. Once i got the kits parts were damaged, no instructions included. This guy doesnt return emails either. This place is bush league, dont do business with them STAY AWAY! I still havent gotten my replacement parts and its been 3 weeks. Buy somewhere else do yourself a favor. F*&k Californiamotorbikes

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  14. KenM

KenM Member

I ordered a mag and a CDI from them three weeks ago, and they were here in FLA. in less then a week. Same with the engine kit I got from them last November .
    But I do agree that their costumer service could use a lot of help.
    Keep looking up! Ken.

15. Diddybop

Diddybop New Member

Im going to give this Zane guy a little more time before I take legal action.

16. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I have yet to get a kit with instructions (my skyhawk might have had them)

17. Diddybop

Diddybop New Member

This is the worst business I've ever delt with. How do you have a legit site selling a product, provides the customer with a confirmation # but doesn't let the customer know when and how the product will be delivered. THEN when you call (415)306-3620 this Fu8%kin Zane guy Neeeeeeeeeeeeever ever ever answers the damn phone. but wait, he will send you a text message saying I can't talk right now or send me an email. Buyers please please please beware, this is a total rip of and waste of time. Buy your engines and engine parts elsewhere. I would give this California motorbikes a NEGATIVE 5 if I could and I'm not trying to be funny. I honestly feel like this Zane guy took my money and ran off with it. I have made over 50 + calls this the company and I have yet to get and answer. The only thing that got me is the site and how they say their motors are built better and this and that, showing pics of 2 stroke engines vs others. I'll know next time to go with a trusted site. BEWARE!!! at the end of the day, I don't now when where and how I will be expecting my engine. just horrible business!

18. Dustin

Dustin Guest

Did you ever recieve the kit?

19. Dustin

Dustin Guest

Dont wait call the BBB his adress is 253 Johnstone ct San Refael, ca 94903.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  20. Diddybop

Diddybop New Member

Dustin. .. 1 month and counting