Can I find an extra large gas tank anywhere?

i got the 1 gal tank from bicycle-engines.com and it was just like the kit tanks but stretched out like your photoshopped picture, so if you ordered the 1 gal youd be happy with it most likely. i have pics up on my profile for a preview (of the half gal from the kit and the 1 gal tank)

I wrote to Spookytooth this site. http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/
They have one they call 3/4 gal. Slightly bigger than the half gal. But the picture I found of the one gal (forgot the site now) look identical! They agree. Not sure if that other site got cheap on the photo and just used one from the smaller tank, OR if it doesn't really hold a gal. Spookytooth's tank is only 20 bucks so I told them I'd probably order that, But then....

I sent them links to my two pictures. (Go back to page one.) Said in my dreams I'd love that longer tank.

Well... get this. Few days later I got a reply. They have a fabricator who looked at my images and said they could probably do it. For about 125.00.

I told them what folks here said about the curve of my bar and how it wouldn't sit right. But mostly, I just spent my mad money restocking my craft supplies. This will have to wait till I get more sales. BUT.... I'm really excited now. If they can build a tank just like my image, that has GOT to hold more than a gal! And not be too wide. Go long not wide. (Maybe slightly wider is ok.)

There is another snag in all this. I can't for the life of me see how the mounting brackets attach to this bike. I bought it with the motor already installed. I've got a full tank there and it's been cold and rainy. I need to burn up most of the gas then I can take that tank off and see how those brackets are attached. That may blow this whole idea out of the water.
But we'll see.

you sure do got a nice looking bike

I got a cruiser as well (with a curved bar)

If ya ever do get this custom fabricated tank dont forget to post up here how it worked out

If it goes well for ya I might just do the same

just check the venders, piston bikes, gass bikes, piratecyceles, just naming some, you can find them right here on the forum on the left side of the page, i got mine from piston bikes but i know the rest have them too!, (i am not a vender or a seller, i am sugesting where too look for tanks for standerd 2 stroke bike kits.) (feel free to take this down if it violates eny rules, and if it does sorry, i am new to this and dont quite understand the rules, haha, sorry.)

I appreciate the tips tractorboy8420 but you really should read the whole thread first.
My last post especially. I FOUND someone who will custom build a tank exactly the way I want. I did look at piston bikes. They have the same old tank everyone has.
Go look at my images. That stretched tank is what I'm shooting for.
(Just had a big sale yesterday, might be close to ordering this one soon.)

oh, so sorry, i was in a rush at that point and thought i could help, i did not notice that you wanted a completely custom tank, my bad, glad you found a good deal though! next time i will try and read them all!

Try Bulldog Distributing.com I Ve Got Three One Gallon Ones From Them Like The Small Ones That Come With The Kits They Were Thirty Four Dollars At The Time I Bought Them There Phone Number Is 1-800-514-8435 Smokie Old Bikes

Couldn't find a "bulldog" distributing, googled that phone number and came up with a "birddog" distributing though. Only the only stuff they seem to sell are lights. Nothing for bikes at all.

I know you already found someone who will make you a custom tank, but for anyone else looking at this thread who might be looking for a larger tank, I just got this one the other day

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0568883228&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It's fat, but still smaller than someone's suggestion of a Harley peanut tank. It's not going to be too fat for me to pedal the bike. 1.6 gallons.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back