Can I TURN OFF mid post Ads?

KCvale

In memory of KCvale 1959 - 2019
Local time
1:00 PM
I understand the need to pay for hosting and staff, and I like side bar vendor ads, but shoving targeted banners in the middle of posts?

How can I turn this off?

I guess what I am asking is, has this forum turned from the initial goal of helping MBer's to just making ad money to the point you can't even stand to use it?

Or can we Opt Out of this?

I love this place, the people, and have been here for years, but I made the simple 3 line post above and it displays like this.

MotoredBikeAds.jpg

Again, I am not trying to slam this place or anything, I understand business all to well, but is their an option for registered user to keep the useless banners nobody will click out of the middle of topic text?

Please?

the sidebar ad is the only ads I'm getting. All I can suggest is using Chrome or Firefox with adblock if you don't want to see those.

I guess what I am asking is, has this forum turned from the initial goal of helping MBer's to just making ad money to the point you can't even stand to use it?

Or can we Opt Out of this?

I love this place, the people, and have been here for years, but I made the simple 3 line post above and it displays like this.

Again, I am not trying to slam this place or anything, I understand business all to well, but is their an option for registered user to keep the useless banners nobody will click out of the middle of topic text?

Please?
If you are seeing adds you are not logged in as a registered user.

my first guess is that your browser got hit with some kind of ad displaying toolbar or other malware

btw, I don't even see sidebar ads

UNTITLED.jpg

These ads are only for non-members and will appear when you are logged out.

I'm planning to upgrade the forum software soon to support the rise of mobile and touch screen devices. The current software is 5 years old.

With the new software I plan to give members the ability to close the vendor ads. So you will have a completely clean screen when logged in.

I am obviously logged on or I couldn't post.
It's not my browser.

The in-post banner ads started when I was given vendor forum access.
That's why I thought there might be a way for me to turn that off.

Sorry my fault I didn't add your usergroup to the exclude list. Ads should be gone for you now!

These ads are only for non-members and will appear when you are logged out.

I'm planning to upgrade the forum software soon to support the rise of mobile and touch screen devices. The current software is 5 years old.

With the new software I plan to give members the ability to close the vendor ads. So you will have a completely clean screen when logged in.

when you do that, an option to choose whether or not we'd like to use the mobile site would be nice. the website works quite well as it is on my tablet but on my smart phone everything is a little small

The new site design is responsive for the best possible experience on phones, tablets and PC's. No more scrolling around or zooming in and out on small screens. Also rather then a special mobile style with limited functionality, you will have access to all features on any device.

Back