can jb weld help this?

we need to hold on to what we got

you can only fall so many times without breaking something.

isn't that the truth hill climber !!!

there were times when falling down or off of something was not a big deal

now I think a little more about hitting my head and how afterwards it will feel

we need to hold on to what we got

so as to once again --- ride that thing

Yea a muffler shop welds pipes all the time. A good one that's not too busy may charge you 5 bucks is all.
But they may not guarantee it.

Get a Pro

Never trust your life to an epoxy product no matter how well it works. Get a PRO to mig or tig weld it doesn't cost that much. Dane

I Have a new Point Beach and noticed the the Frame where the tubes are welded by the chainstays has paint missing...
Is that from the joint being stressed? or bad paint. There is no missing paint anywhere else on the bike.

I Have a new Point Beach and noticed the the Frame where the tubes are welded by the chainstays has paint missing...
Is that from the joint being stressed? or bad paint. There is no missing paint anywhere else on the bike.

Fractures in the powdercoat or piant at frame unions is often, but not always, the telltale of frame stress at the joints.

Can you post a clear closeup of the area?

a point to watch

well my eyes are not as good as they used to be

maybe a magnifieing glass -- look at it very close -- any cracks ?

if not -- probable ok -- a point to watch though

as we ride that THING

Don't see so well......

Ok Guys, here is a chance to take advantage of modern science! (No, not get a new pair of glasses).....Use digital camera! Take good pics, blow them up on the 'Puter, and now look at the spot you want to see.

old brain but not dead,

Mike

me to

I had almost the same thing happen to me. I drilled the seatpost because I thought I needed to. Turns out that It would have worked anyway.

Later, after about fifty miles it looked like somebody took a hacksaw to my seatpost.

I just got finnished first, welding the seam of the brake with brass, filing it flush and then wrapping the seam with a steel "collar" and then brazing it together with siver.

Since my new engine has mounts that work with a bigger down tube I found some thin plate and patched the holes I made in the down tube. I then did some fillet work around the plates so the mounts would rest flat on the tube.

Not only that but I only burned myself once.:sick:

I hope that it will hold together for awhile. I will let you folks know when and if it fails.

As for J.B. weld why not use super glue? it seems just as applicable. Instead of J.B. think fiberglass. Wrap the tube with about five layers with epoxy between each layer. Let set for awhile and have at it. Just a thought.

Mike-working my fingers to the bone,only to get-bony fingers-Frye A.K.A. Frye bikes

For me, I'll leave structural epoxy to professional airplane builders.

I do not, have not and will not trust J.B. Weld or any other epoxy for any structural repair.

Back