Can you store a Robin Subaru 35cc bike on Vertical Rack? (~90 degree Tilt)

plantthoughts

Local time
6:25 AM
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone knows whether a bike with a Robin Subaru 35cc EH035 can be stored on a vertical rack? (where the front wheel is up in the air and the rear wheel is on the ground)

And, if it can't be left there for extended periods of time, can it be done for short periods ?(like a few hours)

Thanks

thanks all, i have contacted robinsubaru and staton at grinningremlin's suggestion, we'll see what they say.

i appreciate your advise old bob, and thanks for letting me know that lr jerry.
bit of a disappointment, but not a huge surprise i guess.
i live in a place where locking up in a secure place is necessary, and sometimes the only rack provided is vertical.

thanks all, i have contacted robinsubaru and staton at grinningremlin's suggestion, we'll see what they say.

i appreciate your advise old bob, and thanks for letting me know that lr jerry.
bit of a disappointment, but not a huge surprise i guess.
i live in a place where locking up in a secure place is necessary, and sometimes the only rack provided is vertical.

The staff posted a link to the manuals that is right above this thread. The question at hand would not even need a post if you read the above post.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?27040-Engine-Manuals

Well I heard back from Subaru, and the good news is YES a bike with a Robin Subaru EH35 can be locked to a vertical rack, without issue.
Gerald Pitts wrote, "Yes, that's fine."

Re Bob's last comment:
Manuals are great, but they aren't all there is to know about using something. I understand the urge to reduce unnecessary posts, but I wanted knowledge from experience. If I didn't post, this additional information wouldn't be around.

"Re Bob's last comment:
Manuals are great, but they aren't all there is to know about using something. I understand the urge to reduce unnecessary posts, but I wanted knowledge from experience. If I didn't post, this additional information wouldn't be around. "

its been my experience that most users ignore advice from those of us with experience.

the engines are designed with a seperate sump, so when inverted, oil stays in the sump.

my only thing would be give it a few minutes after a run to let it cool down and let oil collect back in the sump.

but basically, as a brushcutter or blower, i store mine however they land in the shed? never had an issue. i always let them sit sump down to cool first :)

they may dribble a bit if the carb is facing down.... tends to oil the filter up. and the floor.

Back