(Canada) I want to build a bicycle from the ground up and start with one of those "felt faker"(?) frames. Where do i find supplies in or near Toronto?

Deliveryfoot

Local time
5:02 AM
I chose this section of the forum as i feel you guys know suppliers best.

I am not sure what I am looking for yet as i've never done this before. I plan to do some research and hopefully pick up some handy tips from helpful people. I only know the name "felt faker frame" from a video because it has that built in gas tank, which is absolutely amazing to me.

I hope to find one that would include a built in chain tensioner (Like those pre-built phat motos!) with space to add gears. From there, i want to shop around for things like front fork suspension and disk brakes and literally everything else needed to build the bike and slap on a 4 stroke kit.

But for now, I want to avoid the costs associated with shipping and if possible, "Made in china" for the sake of avoiding cheap-s**te that break and just run around town picking up parts in person. Shipping within Canada is acceptable, if needed. Sorry if im asking for way too much advice, it's okay if you just name off speciality parts I might be looking for, that would be enough!

I chose this section of the forum as i feel you guys know suppliers best.

I am not sure what I am looking for yet as i've never done this before. I plan to do some research and hopefully pick up some handy tips from helpful people. I only know the name "felt faker frame" from a video because it has that built in gas tank, which is absolutely amazing to me.

I hope to find one that would include a built in chain tensioner (Like those pre-built phat motos!) with space to add gears. From there, i want to shop around for things like front fork suspension and disk brakes and literally everything else needed to build the bike and slap on a 4 stroke kit.

But for now, I want to avoid the costs associated with shipping and if possible, "Made in china" for the sake of avoiding cheap-s**te that break and just run around town picking up parts in person. Shipping within Canada is acceptable, if needed. Sorry if im asking for way too much advice, it's okay if you just name off speciality parts I might be looking for, that would be enough!
I really don't know about companies in Canada. On the forum here we have both good and bad sponsors.

I personally like using Staton Inc.

Other places that are good is Sick Bike Parts.

You may want to try this place as well.

If you feeling wealthy (lol) there's these guys with really nice kits.

I live just a bit north of Toronto and I had very good results with https://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/ I Ordered a engine on a Sunday afternoon and 3 day's later I received the engine on Wednesday afternoon.

The laws in Canada are pretty clear, You must be over 16 years old and wear a helmet and the Engine must be less than 50cc's , I bought the 66cc and took all the badging off that said 66cc.
Be prepared to get pulled over a lot of cops do not know about the pedal assist laws unless they search their book for it. (remember to say pedal assist if you get pulled over that's what section of the law it's in)

Last edited:
Back