cannot adj clutch on 80 cc grubee

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by twosweet6251, Apr 18, 2015.

1. twosweet6251

twosweet6251 New Member

am new here so hello everyone,I have read many post here on adj the clutch but no matter what I do I cannot get the clutch to engage. The bearing is in and the pin,the clutch plate moves in and out freely. Just can't get the rear wheel to lock when I try 2 engage clutch.
    Any help would b most welcome.bike will not start anymore.

Richard

2. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Remove clutch cover on Right side of engine....in center is weird looking nut called a flower nut...remove very small screw so flowernut can be turned....turn flower the right to tightened up the clutch...the clutch plate should only move very little in & out...

3. twosweet6251

twosweet6251 New Member

Hellodougsr874
    did this a few times still no change,remove pads and cleaned everything,only get light resistance like it want 2 grag here piston move up and down all the time,thank u 4 ur reply and any other suggestions would b appreciated.

Richard

4. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Don't understand your last post...initiallly you said the clutch would not lock up the rear wheel...from last post I get the impression that the piston is moving up & down....Check to make sure key is not sheared on chain drive sprocket..

5. twosweet6251

twosweet6251 New Member

hello again dougsr

u r correctthe piston do move up & down u can feel a very light drag in it.
    How do I find this key and what 2 look 4,thank u 4 ur help.

richard

6. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Elevate the rear wheel somehow so wheel can be turned, also remove spark plug to get rid of compression...take cover off the left side of engine where the chain drive sprocket it...also remove cover on right side to view clutch....with clutch NOT pulled in spin rear wheel ....see if you can tell if drive spocket is spinning on the shaft but not turning the shaft, also check clutch on Right side to see if turning at same time....If drive sprocket in spinning on shaft then then the halfmoon key under the sprocket has sheared....may need a removal tool to remove sprocket...usually comes with kit...BUT you say piston is moving up & down which means key is not sheared....think you should just tightened the clutch more

7. twosweet6251

twosweet6251 New Member

NOTHING CHANGE IF FLOWER NUT TURNED ALL THE WAY IN OR OUT.

Richard I do have that tool