Cant figure it out! Please help!

macabroswb

Local time
6:03 AM
Hey guys,
So i think I fouled a plug, as i was experiencing lag and couldnt get it to even start at one point. I cleaned the plug, put it back in and the bike started up just fine. However, the idle quickly raced completely out of control, prompting me to shut it down. Its not my idle adjustment... Also, when I went to restart it, it wouldnt. PLease help

I am assuming that you are referring to an HT engine. You did not state what type of engine you are having troubles with.
It sounds like you are experiencing a serious air leak somewhere in the intake.
Check where the carburetor attaches to the manifold as well as where the manifold attaches to the cylinder.
It is also possible to have a leaking crankshaft seal, but check the intake gaskets first. They commonly leak as the factory gasket material is horrible.
The last thing to come to mind is a leaking head gasket. If it is in fact leaking you can see the telltale black oil around where it is leaking right where the cylinder head mates with the top of the cylinder. Do not confuse this with any oil that may be blown back from a leaking exhaust gasket though.

And I dont think I have a Ht motor... I got this bike complete ... Its from a company called incalcu-bike, which I believe doesnt exsist anymore

Got pictures?
None the less, the problem you are describing sounds like an intake leak.

This sounds silly, but if it has a carburetor with a float bowl, running out of gas will cause very similar symptoms.

I dont have pictures right now. Ha, no I didnt run it dry, I may not know everything, but I hope i know at least that much. haha.

No, its not one of those models, although it seems to be from that company. To Gear nut: Thanks for the advice. My intake gasket was totally gone. What do you think about using liquid gasket to repair?

Back