can't get first start!

I have the wires making direct contact as well. I stripped them then connected them then covered in liquid tape.

You don't need to get a new cdi or spark plug to get it running. What 2-stroke oil are you using and what is the mixture ratio?

Yeah, the problem with these engines is that trouble shooting is often difficult. It seems like the cdi and spark plug are fine if you are getting a spark. I would double check to make sure the carburetor is tightly connected and then start loosening the clutch wire (you can properly adjust the clutch later if this is the issue). It might be the engine is not fully engaged when you release the clutch

- Choke at 90% closed
- Press priming button 2-3 times
- Pull in the clutch
- Pedal to 12 mph
- Release the clutch
- Motor should start turning over
- Keep pedaling until the motor starts to pull you forward
- Stop
- Choke at 50% closed for 1-2 mins
- Operate for 1-2 mins
- Choke at 0%

I tried your suggestions and still no luck. I have a buddie that is a mechanic n he confirmed the fuel was getting were it needed to be. If there is too much compression could another head gasket fix this? If its the clutch how do I how if its to loose or tight?

Is the engine turning over or you just hear it cranking? at 1 min, the engine is turning over.

Besides this, you are probably running too rich. I would raise the carb needle (towards the pointy end) a notch or two.

This is a new motor? My new China motor build took a bit of fussing and experimentation to start the first time - then suddenly - Varoom! I used starting fluid as I suggested earlier. You could still try spraying it into the air filter if you cant get the filter off. And I don't think it's neccessary but maybe wouldn't hurt to get a better sparkplug.

Yes it is new off of ebay. Do you mean like into the little holes where the air goes up?

Right, the little holes where the air goes up. You stripped the air filter screw already?? If all else fails drill it and maybe use an extractor. Persevere. As I say, my new Chinese motor off e-bay took some fiddling to start the first time and I experienced the same things you did. Thought I'd pass out at one point but then I'm way out of shape!

Back