Cant seem to get it running

I had similar problem. Try adding more gas to gas tank.

Seriously...If there is not enough in...not enough pressure to put gas through line into carborator...therefore never firing.

I tried to figure out problem for weeks. I added 1/4 gallon...and then it worked.

Good Luck.

-Chris

I have like a half tank still in there....that good enough? Or hould i still add more

Thanks,
Connor

about the fuel question...when i first got my bike built i was adding gas by the cup, i hardly ever had much in it, and once even ran it completely dry...so i don't think that's gonna be your answer.

Yeah i didnt think the fuel had anything to do with it because ive run it pretty low before.

I just replaced the magneto...havent been able to ride with it though since i put the new one it.

Wasnt able to ride with the old one either though. That was the main reason for me replacing it.

Thanks,
Connor

So the gas part sounds pretty good. Maybe heading into the electrical would be telling? If you can suspend your bike (or rear wheel) and pedal, then throw the clutch while the spark plug head is grounded against the frame or cylinder head you should be able to see is you've got a spark. I hope you've got someone to help with this one.
After that perhaps compression would be a good direction to head in. While you are doing all this, you could remove the plug entirely and do the pedal, release clutch lever technique again but this time put your finger very tightly over the spark plug hole. The compression should be strong enough to blow your finger right off.
Someone else........???

back to your first post...will it still fire-up for a moment when you prime the cylinder?

have you tried squirting some fuel directly into the intake?

you might want to take the top off the cylnder and watch it move as you walk the bike ...see if it is binding or scratching.

"Yes, i pulled out the plug and have seen the spark, not sure how you would know it sparks when its inside the engine? The engine doesnt gas at all it just kind of...sounds like the pistoon is just going up and down and its not too happy about it.. "

I know on one of the other sites one of the guys got some "stuff" in the piston and it messed him up.

Cookie

Cookie
Im pretty certain its not pistion related. When i said "not to hapily" i meant without the force of the gasoline behind it...it moves smoothly when the plug is taken out, no resistance or anything...its just when im going all i can hear is the sound of the piston moving up and down....no sputtering.

augidog

I have squirted fuel directly into the pistion if thats what you mean (taken out the spark plug and dropped some down in there) and when i do this it fires up for a moment then just dies.

Etheric
i will have to try this sometime later this week or posibly weekend, kind of busy :/
I have done the spark plug spark test, just not the compression one, so ill have to get back to you on this one.

But if compression is the case, what can i do for that?

Thanks alot,
Connor

Connor said:
I have squirted fuel directly into the pistion if thats what you mean (taken out the spark plug and dropped some down in there) and when i do this it fires up for a moment then just dies.

based on that statement, i have to vote for a carburetor problem...?

Back