Car acessories that don't exist which should

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Parah_Salin, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Parah_Salin

Parah_Salin Member

So, what are some reasonably simple acessories/features that you'd like to have availible from the factory in a modern car? This can be serious, silly, whatever.

I'll start:
    -Dashboard hookah with 6 bowl changer. A hookah that is mounted in the dashboard run off engine heat, with auto water fill, auto water dumping, 6 bowls for different flavored tobbaccos on a wheel that rotates like a CD changer, and AC pumped around the glass to keep the water cold. There would be several hoses on retractable wheels, and a clip on the steering wheel so the driver could have easy acess to theres so they can focus on driving
    -Separate left and right handbrakes. So you can be dumbass and pull way to sharp turns with ease
    -Easily changable apulstery covers, just have everything attach with clips or zippers so that upgrading to leather, or just giving an old car a "new" feal would be cheap, quick, and easy.
    -Easy acess dashboard, make repair quicker, cheaper, easier
    -USB port for the engine computer and a disk with a user friendly tuning software.
    -Dashboard coffee maker. Buying coffee is way more of a rip off than buying gas.
    -AC Generator run directly off the engine as an option in trucks with a box in the back full of plugs, and have a voltage controller so you could run a welder off it, power a house for a short period of time, power normal 120 volt apliances, etc... Be great for camping or a construction job.
    -Big Red Button marked "do not press". Dosn't matter what it does. But it should be there.

2. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

Haha, legendary.

The only car accessory I can think of that I ever wanted, which I made already, is an in car wireless media server. I put a mount for my phone on the dash and instantly I have a removable gps, streaming dvd/downloaded movie player, all my music, and full internet (8mbit a second wireless) via the onboard computer in the boot.

Also features ipod/usb thumb drive support from the console, streaming digital stills/video from the phones camera, and anything else you can think of.

Another cool thing I saw once was separate drive trains for front and rear tyres, allowing the car to go sideways with two drivers xD

3. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

My truck has an oversized battery and oversized alternator with a 300watt inverter hidden somewhere for 120V ac output and 2 outlets in the truck bed. (No welder option though. :( ) All of it is factory standard equipment.

As for what I would want:
    Front, rear, and side color cameras with sound and an on board DVR to record exactly what that idiot did to cause an accident. Of course it would need a record pause button for when I test out the latest mod to my engine, which I test in an industrial park, after hours, no traffic or innocent bystanders around. Gotta play it safe when you wanna get stupid!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

haha, my car also came with an inverter, for which the regular alternator is more than sufficient to power.. just a little dihatsu applause though, no idea why it came with one. Definitely not stock lol.

5. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

I'd like to hae a car that can separate into two motorcycles so when u have someone with you and u hit traffic, flip a switch, break in two and start weaving in and out of traffic.

6. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I just want them to follow through on the hover-car they promised me as a kid. That was so wrong....all those news reels of hovercars and helocopter cars that were supposed to be in full use in the 21st century....all I got was a mini-van.

7. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

LOL... that is too funny. I would feel the same way if I grew up in the post-war 50's.

8. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

LMAO.....you are three decades off.

9. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

10. give me vtec

right... how am I supposed to know your age??? Your talking about hovercars... where there promises of hovercars in the 70's and 80's I didnt know about???

11. give me vtec

LOL... I actually have the red button and the usb port. I would put the hooka in but I think that would encourage bad driving.

I like the red button, it trips people out the first time they see it... they always ask the question. Sometimes I get all serious and tell them

"whatever you do, do not touch the red button"

Sometimes I just laugh, but I always tell them the truth afterwards...

I took apart my garage door opener and rewired it to the red button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the program used to calibrate the ecu is called kmanager and is available from hondata. I took it to church's and Shawn himself tuned it. It makes a little over 220whp and is capable of successfully competing with other stock 350z's, evo's, rotary's, and gt mustangs. I think you would be surprised at how fast you can make a stock internal 2.0 liter honda.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  12. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Yes....along with the Jet packs and bionics. Most action shows were based on technology that never made it off the ground.
    Like the button in your car. I may have to do that.

13. I'd like a 2 seater car that telescopes longer into a 4, 6, or 8 seater, as needed.

14. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Kind of strange too read that.

I have been working on a city runabout/personal cargo hauler hybrid design for months. As I have designed it, it is running a 950cc diesel engine to power two systems, either independently, or simultaneously. As a city runabout it is a two seater coupe with a very short wheel base, and with front wheel drive. Stop, shift into neutral, and engage a key switch - it stretches into an open topped box body behind the enclosed cab with a 3.5 ft wide by 5 foot long cargo box space, powered by the front wheel drive and engaging the onboard electrical augmentation power to each rear wheel. I'm aiming at a 750-1,000 pound payload capacity. As a cargo hauler, it will be speed limited to 55 mph - as a city runabout it will be capable of 75 mph for freeway use.

The trickiest part is the variable geometry front suspension, too accommodate two distinct wheelbase lengths.

There's a guy here in town who builds custom vehicles - mostly show/parade type cars, but some that are daily drivers as well. We get together every couple of weeks to discuss this project.

15. will_start

will_start Member

what about some sorta toilet/shower, fridge, stove and a fold out table and chairs.
    i just realised, maybe i just want the campervan. lols

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  16. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

Candy dispenser built right into the dash with glass storage bulb above dash

17. Hajuu

Hajuu Member

Front display overlay featuring natural eye attraction techniques to draw to danger or activity areas.

Huge, custom multitouch high vibrance display that encorporates all gauges and controls including stereo.

Front-mounted display projectors as bright on lowbeam as regular lights, maybe the same behind.

A car that starts out metal at the front, fades to semi-transparent material towards the rear of the engine and clear in the front of the cabin before fading back go opaque at the back - eg: you'd be able to see the engine from within the car through the clear dash and bonnet.

Wheelbase lighting.

A hand-controlled vehicle capable of automatic loading and unloading of passengers in wheelchairs without needing wheelchair storage etc.

Variable tint windows

A self-pulling trailer system capable of 4x4 travel hauling a trailer, at speeds equal to a car, entirely unassistedly following your car. (Eg: load and drive off and it follows you)

Tyres able to adjust their tread in response to the current driving state/conditions.

18. give me vtec

hope you have a good job... cause that car would cost a fortune to produce, and I'm sure they wouldn't give that technology away for free.

19. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I think a button that when pressed spray paints the nearest car with the words "Caution, I am a dumba**."
    This would also prevent alot of road rage.

20. give me vtec

I dont see how that could do anything but cause road rage.