Car Ad's? REALLY!!!

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Big Red, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

I've noticed the last few day's that the supervisers of this site have decided to let auto dealer's advertise here. I realize that they have to support this site somehow, someway, but if I wanted to buy a car I probably would not look for it here. I first noticed it when an automobile ad popped up a "Download Now" box into the side of a post I was trying to read. Today it's on the top of the page and not really bothering me while checking out posts. C'mon you guy's, Yer always telling us to try to Stay On Topic. Automobile advertising has NOTHING to do with Motorized Bicycles.
    All that being said, I don't run this site, You do. I don't know all the in's and out's of running a site like this or what the cost's are. I'm sure this car dealer pay's well to have his ad's posted here. I also know that the supervisers of this site don't owe an explaination to anyone about how this site is run. I'm really just wondering how all the members feel about this. Not that we could do anything about it, Just wondering.
    Big Red.

2. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Member

Even with our motorized bikes, most all of us own a car or two also. I have no problem with the ads, as long as it helps keep this fine site up and running.

3. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Hey Z06, I don't have a huge problem with them either, Untill the "Download now" box gets in the way of what I'm trying to do, As it did again today,It's just annoying. And like I said, I have no idea what it takes to keep a site like this alive. I'm sure Administration knows what is best for the site or it would'nt last long. I just feel like all of a sudden they put on a suit and tie and went mainstream. I do agree that rather than shut down the site, admin. should do whatever they can to keep it going. I would rather see car ad's than have this site close. I've tried other sites and this one seems to be the best going.
    Thanx much for throwing in yer 2 cents, Anyone else?
    Big Red.

4. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

I don't ever see what you are talking about....I guess my Pop Up Blocker takes care of it. Go get one and use it.

5. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Pop up Blocker

Thanx Al, Guess I will. That's why you make the big bucks, To keep silly people like me in line. I'm using a friends computer and didn't really want to do something to it he might not like. But I think a pop up blocker would be fine. Thanks again for making me feel silly.
    Big Red.

6. CroMagnum

CroMagnum Member

7. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I've never seen an ad for a car on here...EVER!

8. Al.Fisherman

I've not ever seen the car ad, I have NEVER seen any pop up ad either. NOT one.

Your friends computer needs the blocker also.

9. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Blocker

Got the pop up blocker on HIGH and I'm looking at an ad right now.
    Ford, 2012 Mustang V6 coupe. 27 month red carpet lease with $2,618 cash due at signing. Is has a "DOWNLOAD THIS VIDEO" box at the top of the ad. It's right in there with the Sick Bike parts, Blow By U and Helio ad's.
    Again, It's not a big problem for me. I was only wondering, Why Car Ad's? A simple question. I did not expect that no one else was seeing it, (Weird.) Anyway, like I said, It's no big deal. I can live with an ad or two if it helps keep this place alive.
    Big Red
    P.S. By the way, I never said it was a POP UP. It's just a regular ad along with the others.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Sponsor Ad's

Not even on the right side of the screen under "Sponsors"? Sure, The're Sponsors, But they are also Ad,s for their company's. They used to be all Motorized ad's, (All three of them,) Now the forth is a Ford Dealer ad.
    But let me say this again. IT"S NOT A BIG DEAL. If thats what it takes to keep this wonderfull site going I would vote yes to a few more ad's everytime.
    Big Red.

11. Al.Fisherman

Very strange.. this is a screen shot off my PC.

Attached Files:

• ford.jpg
      ford.jpg
      File size:
      319.8 KB
      Views:
  12. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

the only ads i ever see on here are the ones for bikes and bike parts on the left of ths screen. the ones that have always been here.
    I have never seen an ad or pop-up for a car.

13. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Wtf

What the F.O.R.D. bro's, Is this POS computer haunted or what? It's right below the Helio ad and gives me no options of getting rid of it. Ya'all are just messin with me, Right? It's really there and It's "scr3w with Red day", Right? Man I hope I'm not just losing my mind. But if I am, I can still tear up San Jose on a Motorized Bike, Right?
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN,
    Big Red.

14. Barnfresh

Barnfresh Member

Well I got the Car pop up on the lft side of my screen at the bottom but it's not a FORD. It's a TWO SEAT BICYCLE CAR - Multi-speed, Multi-Seats, Street Legal, Optional Electric Assist, by RHOADESCAR.

15. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Bike ad's

Yeah B.F. I get that one too. And while typing this I'm looking at the same 2012 Ford Mustang ad. I'll see if I can get my cheapo camera to get a screen shot.
    Big Red.

16. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Car Ad.

Am I seeing things or is this a car ad?
    Big Red.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      65.7 KB
      Views:
  17. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Blank

I see that Al, All yours says is "Your Ad Here" I kinda like the bike ad's though...........!!!!!!!!HUH?
    As I was writting this I thought I'd scroll down to check it out again, IT'S GONE. WTF, over. I guess it was, after all, a glitch on my side. I owe a hugh apoligy to the administrators of this site. I'm gonna have a talk with Norton about this. How could this happen, and for several day's. Well, It's not the first time I felt silly and I'm sure it wont be the last. I guess this thread is of no further use so thanks for being patient with me and my computer illiteracy.
    KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP,
    Big Red.
    P.S. If it comes back I'll let ya know.

18. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

are you talking about ads like this?:

[​IMG]

everything below the official SPONSORS are Google ads... and the Forum has no control over their content. Also, that's not a "popup" ad.

Along the top in blue are more Google ads that also have nothing to do with the Forum. Their content is dictated by your own personal browsing habits, like this:

[​IMG]

19. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Ad's

Yeah R.B.X. Like that. I've NEVER seen anything but Motorized ad's there before, even on my old POS computer. I thought all ad's placed on M.B.c. were at the discretion of the administrators. I had no idea google could slip an ad in on what is supposed to be a private site belonging to the people that set it up. If my girlfriend looks for panties and bra's using my computer, am I gonna get lingerie ad's on "MY" Motorbiking site? If so, I'm gonna find out how Al has his set up to show NO ad's.
    Big Red.
    P.S. I never, anywhere, said it was a pop up ad. Al was the one to suggest I get a pop up blocker. After that everyone assumed I was talking about a pop up. Also see post #9 where I say, P.S. By the way, ect.

20. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Get FireFox or Chrome and get AdBlock. Also, there's a function called "Screenshot" that doesn't involve taking an actual picture of your computer screen. I'm assuming you're on a Mac because it's kinda hard to miss a button that says "Print Screen" right on it so here you go:
    http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/13/print-screen-mac/