Carby Carb-fuel?

Neufcruz

Local time
1:16 PM
Does the fuel from tank have to be gravity fed? If the carb fuel inlet about level with petcock. So fuel line would need to come down through fuel filter and back up to darn fuel intake. Would the carb draw from this or does it need to be basically a straight shot down to carb?

Thanks

Mike

I'd at least try to shove a couple spacers under gas tank to get a straight line back to carb with maybe 1/2 inch of drop in it

It's a Skyhawk frame. No lifting.
So the carb has to be gravity fed and won't draw from a line if lower? I'll shoot some pics tomorrow for clarity. Plus I'll mess around with the mounting brackets and maybe I can move around engine to get lower.
Thanks
Mike

I'm having trouble picturing your scenario. If what I think is going on is going on, it'll work, but I can't say for sure until you post some photos.

I was a ble to lower some but it will be a tight fit if I want a nicer filter than that small one that comes with the kits. If the fuel line was to come out of tank and then a filter and loop back up to carb, would the carb be able to draw fuel from the line if at any part lower?
image.jpg

I think I answere this now that I thought of it. As long as the fuel line does not go higher than the outlet/petcock then it should push fuel through.
Right???? :)

yep, that'll be fine. no problem whatsoever.
Butre,
Once again, thanks for all the help/ answers etc.. To everyone on this site.
I feel bad posting so many questions but now I'm finally getting close to getting her all together and want it right.
Mike

That will be fine.
On another note there are diaphragm carbs for 4-stroke engines that pump fuel, thats how they have the fuel under the engine, I don't know about the 2-stroke ones but they must have them for things like weed eaters.
Just look for Diaphragm carbs.

Back