carb issues

M

militarymonark

so I started having problems keeping the whizzer h model running with the ml5b carb, at first I thought it was a compression issue which had issues but I replaced the head gasket. Still was having problems but I started messing around with the carb adjustments and found that I could get it running only if it was on half choke ( i rode around for a while like that) if i took choke off it would just stall out. I can't figure out why its doing that. I followed some of the steps in the earlier post but there was nothing about this issue. what do you think

after reading about general information about the same issue I found that I did have my fuel output setting far enough therefore I wasn't getting the proper air/fuel mixture and once I opened it up a little bit at a time I was able to get the choke fully off, now I just feel like I need to fine tune the carb which Im still kinda working on. any help is appreciated.

If it sputters going downhill but runs great on a slight uphill then its too rich.
Too lean is great on top end but weak going uphill.

Back