carb leaking

Is it a lot of gas? like is it running out of the air filter in a stream?
or, is the filter just always damp with gas?
it's normal for these 2 strokes to spit some unburned gas out the back of the carb on the exhaust stroke.
if gas is streaming out of the back of the carb, then your float level is set too high and causing the carb. to flood over.
But, normally when that happens, the engine won't run because it's flooding the cylinder as well.

I have the same problem, thought the float was cracked but it's not. Been running my bike daily for weeks and I haven't run into this problem yet. How can I fix the float level, or is that my problem. Whenever I open the fuel valves gas just runs through and onto the ground (bike isn't on).

You adjust float level by tweeking the two copper fingers that are part of the lever that pushes the flow pin up and down in the carb.

If the pin is loose, it's holding pins bend, or the bigger fingers that ride the float bend, the gas never stops.

CAREFULL! The little pin that holds the float lever and pin in place is only held in by the float bowl cover. Keep an eye on it when testing flow with your finger when the bowl cover is off.

Back